SASS Wire Forum

A new forum,

Slowhand Bob, 24229

I think what I would like to see would be to broad for pinning at the top, as some forums do. How about a forum for frequently rehashed topics? Some information would be extremely handy for all of us, such as 'how to' or 'where to find' while others might be aimed more at the new arrivals and the fact that many of their first questions are usually very similar. We could call it the 'Dead Horse Forum' and actually keep the most often asked information pinned at the top but reserve the rest of it for all other subjects that crop up reeeal regular, such as "Are Rugers better thab real Colts?". We have lost much great information on things like gunsmith specific problems with specific guns, reloading problems and funky answers to funky rules questions that only would come up rarely. I know someone smarter than I could come up with a way to make this work when the smaller forums on other sites are able to do it in a smaller less used venue. Shux, SASS could have required a waiver to ones intellectual property when posting to the WIRE and have used the information posted here to write many volumes of 'how to', somewhat like the Gunsmithing Kinks volumes put out by Brownells, and mostly from letters received through the years.

Hi Bob,

This has come up many times. At one time, there was even talk of a Q&A forum with PaleWolf. Nothing has come of that in over two years. I suspect the same will happen here.

For one thing, rules evolve and change. Ditto information on some guns.

Another thing, it would tend to make a new shooter's reception somewhat impersonal. If one asks a question and gets personal answers. That person is made to feel like part of the camp.

Regards,

Allie Mo :ph34r:

I mod on two other sites and this comes up about once a week. "We need a separate sub-forum for (blank)." By the time you finish coming up with the 99 different sub-fora that people want, it would be come so unwieldy that no one would be able to find anything. Then there would be all the "Shouldn't this be in the (blank) forum?" comments that would come.

Archived