SASS Wire Forum

.410 shotgun wanted

Howdy Partners:

Looking for a .410 shotgun, SxS, single trigger for upcoming grandson. Thanks for helping in advance.

Jakrabbit (623)925-2559 jgp3749@cox.net

What is his age now?It took me 7 months to find one.

Right now only 8yrs with a good head and that on his shoulders. Working with him right now on handling, safety and various ground aspects. Will start with .22 pistols, rifle. Safety and gun handling most important.

Thanks again:

JRJ

Received some good information from cowboy shooters and maybe best to stay away from .410 double and use single barrel or go with 20 or 12 gauge reduced loads or even the 97 cut back. Have to look into all of this and see how the youngster handles it. Thanks for all the help guys like Ole Short Tom, Judge Harshly, Johnny Meadows, Pit Bull Tex and a few others. Really not in any big hurry any way.

Jackrabbit

Saw three 410 sxs at the gun show today (Tucson). One was $795, perty gun, but ... didn't look at the price of the other two. Does seem like you could get a nice 12 ga and use the light loads and be $$$ ahead.

Take care,

Some really good cowboy told me the same thing about not buying a 410 ga.Maybe I shouldn't have gotten it but I wanted my grandson to use a 410 S X S. We will see but I had to try it.The 410 was higher than a good 12 ga.

Some really good cowboy told me the same thing about not buying a 410 ga.Maybe I shouldn't have gotten it but I wanted my grandson to use a 410 S X S. We will see but I had to try it.

The 410 was higher than a good 12 ga.

Still aint figgered that out-

Guess its always been like that- Supply 'n demand mabe?

I think that they dont make that many.Baikal dont make them at all anymore.Baikal did not make many single trigger at all.It took me 7 months to find one,and it was higher than a good 12 ga.

I think that they dont make that many.Baikal dont make them at all anymore.Baikal did not make many single trigger at all.It took me 7 months to find one,and it was higher than a good 12 ga.

Most likely-

Lusted after one maself for a spell but never found one i waz willin to pay the askin prices for-

The 410 was for Kid Conner,that my grandson and my pard.Just doing what Paw Paws do.I got him the best I can afford.

Archived