SASS Wire Forum

I just wanted to say, "Thank you, God."

Aunt Jen

I know. It's religious. I don't mean to offend, as I mean it in an all-inclusive sense. I don't meant to indicate any particular religion, nor even to imply any specific spirituality.

But sometimes, I just think about life, this wonderful miracle where we—as atoms that rose from the earth to literally be our bodies—can contemplate ourselves, perceive the cosmos, and fall in love.

Sometimes I just feel an overwhelming appreciation for something behind the mist that has pulled it all together, the organization behind everything that IS, the presence my organic, 3-D brain can only perceive partially as God.

And I love him. And I thank him.

Thank you, God, for so much, for everything that is.

AJ

AMEN ,Jen

I know. It's religious. I don't mean to offend, as I mean it in an all-inclusive sense. I don't meant to indicate any particular religion, nor even to imply any specific spirituality.

But sometimes, I just think about life, this wonderful miracle where we—as atoms that rose from the earth to literally be our bodies—can contemplate ourselves, perceive the cosmos, and fall in love.

Sometimes I just feel an overwhelming appreciation for something behind the mist that has pulled it all together, the organization behind everything that IS, the presence my organic, 3-D brain can only perceive partially as God.

AJ

In those moments when we are granted the gift of seeing the light - all we can do is stand in awe.

Enjoy the bliss - however long it lasts . . it is a gift to you from him . . . .

SC

AJ

AJ.. bless ya hon... you bring the depth of God to the board and humor.. hugs.. Deja.

Amen to the succinct thread that Jen presented. I don't belong to a disorganized religion but in view of the trials and tribulations that my family and close friends have faced I can heartily say God has Blessed us All.

Yellowhouse you have been though a lot this last year.. and my heart goes out to you. I hope I am half as brave when my time comes to accept the worst. Hugs to you and your family.. Deja

AJ

+1

JJJ-D

:ph34r: :ph34r:

Amen to the succinct thread that Jen presented. I don't belong to a disorganized religion but in view of the trials and tribulations that my family and close friends have faced I can heartily say God has Blessed us All.

Yes Sam, & Jen

Amen

AJ you got me on the fall in love and God, portion of your post.. God gave me the best father in the whole world, and I fear I may lose him at times. But then I ask for strength and God offers me this silly girl who pretends life in Fine and he will live for ever.

God also gave me this silly girl who gets up after a failure to really believe that she will find that perfect love, that Wyatt love.. lol.. while it may never happen I know now that what God sent me was love in the form humor.

I might have missed his whole message for decades becauase I thought I KNEW.. lol Maybe he wanted me to serve him, I dunno know.. but I know God is great and i am still working on getting my life right. Deja.

AJ

Thank you so much for your post. Daily I am in awe of what God has done and continues to do in my life. Gratitude seems way too simple a word, but I am ever so grateful.

Blessings to you, AJ.

Filly

It never ceases to amaze me how God works all situations for His good.

God is in control.... and I for one am so glad He is!

No matter how many times we step away from Him and try to fix things ourselves He never gives up on us.

I do believe He allows things to happen to cause us to turn back to Him.

But I am so glad He does. I wouldn't want Him to let me get too far away from Him.

AJ you got me on the fall in love and God, portion of your post.. God gave me the best father in the whole world, and I fear I may lose him at times.

On on this end, Painless has been on the edge for two and a half years, now. We have a marvelous group of people helping him. I'm seeing a miracle working every day.

Think: when you get older, very much older, and all your piers have passed on. Your children have been grown for decades, even their children are grown and gone. All good folks, but off living their lives. And you get older. You wind up living in a nursing home because you require their services. Family come to visit sometimes. Dementia marches on, and with Parkinson's, your ability to move, adjust yourself in your seat, or even to speak your own name disappears. So largely, your day to day existence can easily become sitting in a wheelchair, unaware of long stretches when your mind is asleep, waking periodically to stare at whatever is in front of you, unable to call a nurse if you're uncomfortable.

LOTS of us fear this. Lots of us will live it. I will probably live that when I age, as well, if I live long enough.

But what if you had a miracle, where someone in your life was devoted not to other things, but just to you. By hook or by crook, this person knew everyone you know, had the skills to get you out of that wheelchair and put you into the car, who knew where you wanted to be in life, what kind of music you wanted to listen to, talk about things you cared about (from GM declaring bankruptcy to going public again, to Presidential candidacies to planning missions to Mars). And what if she actually did it it all.

You may find that instead of just dying, lonely and depressed, feeling forgotten in a nursing home somewhere, that it becomes a base for sleeping, a manor house packed with nurses, and you go out every day to still live life—knowing that you're not existing in an immobile state because you can do nothing else, but actually still contributing to the betterment of life around you because the act of still going out and having fun, of engaging in life, of overcoming and adapting, of never giving up is inspiring others about aging and how to grow old.

It's not over until it's over—and I'll go you one better: It's not over, ever.

No matter how you look at life or the hereafter (Thank you, also, Clint Eastwood), the effect of a life continues on—more than a butterfly effect, it continues on as if yours were the wings of a million eagles flying all over the world.

I thank God for the opportunity to be here and live this life. And I just wanted to say.

AJ

It never ceases to amaze me how God works all situations for His good.

God is in control.... and I for one am so glad He is!

Romans 8:28

My favorite is in my signature at the bottom of all my posts.

+1

I would also like to thank you AJ for posting such a beautiful piece. It is so refreshing to see someone embracing their beliefs publicly as opposed to all the "Political Correctness" we see now days. Thank you for reminding me where my roots are and who I can thank for all I have.

God Bless, AJ.

On on this end, Painless has been on the edge for two and a half years, now. We have a marvelous group of people helping him. I'm seeing a miracle working every day.

Think: when you get older, very much older, and all your piers have passed on. Your children have been grown for decades, even their children are grown and gone. All good folks, but off living their lives. And you get older. You wind up living in a nursing home because you require their services. Family come to visit sometimes. Dementia marches on, and with Parkinson's, your ability to move, adjust yourself in your seat, or even to speak your own name disappears. So largely, your day to day existence can easily become sitting in a wheelchair, unaware of long stretches when your mind is asleep, waking periodically to stare at whatever is in front of you, unable to call a nurse if you're uncomfortable.

LOTS of us fear this. Lots of us will live it. I will probably live that when I age, as well, if I live long enough.

But what if you had a miracle, where someone in your life was devoted not to other things, but just to you. By hook or by crook, this person knew everyone you know, had the skills to get you out of that wheelchair and put you into the car, who knew where you wanted to be in life, what kind of music you wanted to listen to, talk about things you cared about (from GM declaring bankruptcy to going public again, to Presidential candidacies to planning missions to Mars). And what if she actually did it it all.

You may find that instead of just dying, lonely and depressed, feeling forgotten in a nursing home somewhere, that it becomes a base for sleeping, a manor house packed with nurses, and you go out every day to still live life—knowing that you're not existing in an immobile state because you can do nothing else, but actually still contributing to the betterment of life around you because the act of still going out and having fun, of engaging in life, of overcoming and adapting, of never giving up is inspiring others about aging and how to grow old.

It's not over until it's over—and I'll go you one better: It's not over, ever.

No matter how you look at life or the hereafter (Thank you, also, Clint Eastwood), the effect of a life continues on—more than a butterfly effect, it continues on as if yours were the wings of a million eagles flying all over the world.

I thank God for the opportunity to be here and live this life. And I just wanted to say.

AJ

AJ.. my first husband had cancer and I lost him at an early age. He could not take the pain, the suffering, the thoughts of burdening a young me as he said, and he opted to end it all on a motorcycle one night. For a while I was angry with him because he did not give me the gift of "trying" at least. Nor did he give God the chance to heal him, or save his soul. I am pretty sure he is in heaven, and I still wish he was here, he was a perfect match, just like me. lol. We were trouble together, in a good way.. lol.. Being one of 7 kids it was the very first time I felt lonely, because I lost my lover and my best friend, a great combination I thought back then, not so sure now days.

Now I face the pending time for my father who is 91 and while the doctros don't give him a lot of hope, I do and he does. We do not spend our time talking about what "they" say, but rather about today, and what we will do next year and in five years. Dad will live forever is how I face each day. He worries about me and how I will end up with no children of my own, and single.. but I remind him I am just like him, very capable of fending for me. I have been blessed with good genetics, no real signs of dementia to worry about just the "where the heck are my keys" would be about it for dad at 91. A wheel chair, maybe, his spine is gone, and therefore spinal stenosis has set in and his can't walk very far.

God gave you the chance to be the best you can be for someone you love, and I am proud to know you here on this board. Advancing age will bring challenges for us all.. and love to our lives too as others care for us, and care about us. Funny the other day we were talking about retirement and I mentioned I may not be ready to go when the bank kicks me to the curb, so I have been looking at the peace corp for about a year now. Some times the best thing God gives you is the chance to help someone else.. once you did it, it is addicting and you want to keep doing it. Deja

Aunt Jen,

i feel you are very much in touch with the holy Spirit that resides in you. When that inner voice tells you to "STOP, TAKE A DEEP BREATH AND THANK THE ONE WHO CREATED ALL THAT'S AROUND YOU. I feel the same way at times and have to take a moment, close my eyes and say "Thank You Lord".

You are not alone in feeling this way and I thank you for your post.

What can I say for such touching thoughts? I am so touched.

You know, life is the whole thing. It is certainly happy times together, times of fulfillment, long country afternoons with a lover, births, weddings, graduations, long good-lonely drives across the country, those times of peace when everything seems just...right. Like after you get your pilot's certificate and fly high, all by yourself, two and a half miles above the earth to look out across scattered clouds framing the setting sun.

And there are other times that tear our guts apart: tragedies, heartache, loss, fear, stress.

I think it's because we feel and because life has so much in it.

But that's life! The good and the bad. It's something we all share, and, I suppose, that at least a part of what I meant to share was a warm thank you, to God, for all of it. I don't want loss or pain, but I value life so much, and in the face of death I value life so much, that, painful or not, every day lived, I know, is such a rare miracle.

I am sooooo thankful to be able to be here and love such a marvelous man as Painless and have such a very close love as "my girl," my dog. Of all the lives that exist in the universe, how beautiful to be here and to love them.

Alright, I confess: I sit here sometimes and get all mushy, share things that are melodramatic or painful. But sometimes it's kind of hard to take. You notice I didn't used to share like this. But you all have struck me as a good group, and I thought the basis of it would be felt and shared, appreciated. And it is.

I know I don't really know most of you here, it's such a large organization. But you all do some good, here. You know? This isn't just a place for virtual pizza and beer, a good laugh now and then, or even learning some helpful things. It's also a place where, sometimes, someone can come away with something that helps in ways not predicted, that can help someone both get through some difficult times and enjoy the good times.

So for any who may feel I'm long-winded and melodramatic sometimes, you're right. I'm not, usually. I'm more often into an off-beat brand of humor that's good for a quick jab at salty ol' characters. And hearing the bawdy banter that's so common here, I do usually get into it myself, which does a lot of good.

So, as well as God, thank you, too.

Now I will get back to poking fun about something, like maybe the zombies. Which reminds me, I haven't seen that one in a while.

Woody Harrelson? He is so fit. Like: was he raised bull riding or something? Ha! I'm reminded of him in "The Cowboy Way," another good film.

Aunt Jen

What can I say for such touching thoughts? I am so touched.

You know, life is the whole thing. It is certainly happy times together, times of fulfillment, long country afternoons with a lover, births, weddings, graduations, long good-lonely drives across the country, those times of peace when everything seems just...right. Like after you get your pilot's certificate and fly high, all by yourself, two and a half miles above the earth to look out across scattered clouds framing the setting sun.

And there are other times that tear our guts apart: tragedies, heartache, loss, fear, stress.

I think it's because we feel and because life has so much in it.

But that's life! The good and the bad. It's something we all share, and, I suppose, that at least a part of what I meant to share was a warm thank you, to God, for all of it. I don't want loss or pain, but I value life so much, and in the face of death I value life so much, that, painful or not, every day lived, I know, is such a rare miracle.

I am sooooo thankful to be able to be here and love such a marvelous man as Painless and have such a very close love as "my girl," my dog. Of all the lives that exist in the universe, how beautiful to be here and to love them.

Alright, I confess: I sit here sometimes and get all mushy, share things that are melodramatic or painful. But sometimes it's kind of hard to take. You notice I didn't used to share like this. But you all have struck me as a good group, and I thought the basis of it would be felt and shared, appreciated. And it is.

I know I don't really know most of you here, it's such a large organization. But you all do some good, here. You know? This isn't just a place for virtual pizza and beer, a good laugh now and then, or even learning some helpful things. It's also a place where, sometimes, someone can come away with something that helps in ways not predicted, that can help someone both get through some difficult times and enjoy the good times.

So for any who may feel I'm long-winded and melodramatic sometimes, you're right. I'm not, usually. I'm more often into an off-beat brand of humor that's good for a quick jab at salty ol' characters. And hearing the bawdy banter that's so common here, I do usually get into it myself, which does a lot of good.

So, as well as God, thank you, too.

Now I will get back to poking fun about something, like maybe the zombies. Which reminds me, I haven't seen that one in a while.

Woody Harrelson? He is so fit. Like: was he raised bull riding or something? Ha! I'm reminded of him in "The Cowboy Way," another good film.

Aunt Jen

AJ at times my heart hurts too.. but I never cry gave it up for Lent I think.. or something like that lol..... I found taht laughing hlpes me a lot.. and

I so much enjoy the fun times on this board.. once in a while they have to put up with the "chick"side of me.. lol.. But it is only becaue I love so deeply.. allof my brothers and sisters in sass.. and in my family.. like youdo.. So, hey poke fun, have fun.. be you.. we love ya.. Deja.

Anut Jen,

Most folks think I'm non-conforming in my thinking. I was taught by my Native Dad that there is no church. I agree.

Let me explain....Why would someone what to praise him in the confrins of a building. When the greatest cathdrel very made is all around us.

I beleive that when the Lord made this world, this glaxie...he stopped and remembered to make a little spect like me. He made things, land air, clouds rain , grass, water, rocks, animals. And I belevie he left a little part of him in those things. So, when I'm out walking around, I see him everywhere and know he is everywhere. He is my friend, my brother, and I love him deeply. :wub:

Anut Jen,

Most folks think I'm non-conforming in my thinking. I was taught by my Native Dad that there is no church. I agree.

Let me explain....Why would someone what to praise him in the confrins of a building. When the greatest cathdrel very made is all around us.

I beleive that when the Lord made this world, this glaxie...he stopped and remembered to make a little spect like me. He made things, land air, clouds rain , grass, water, rocks, animals. And I belevie he left a little part of him in those things. So, when I'm out walking around, I see him everywhere and know he is everywhere. He is my friend, my brother, and I love him deeply. :wub:

That is pretty much the way my mother raised me. "God is everywhere....you can and should worship Him anywhere and always because He is everywhere"

Maybe it's an Indian thing....

please know that I say that with the utmost respect and pride in my heritage

That is pretty much the way my mother raised me. "God is everywhere....you can and should worship Him anywhere and always because He is everywhere"

Maybe it's an Indian thing....

please know that I say that with the utmost respect and pride in my heritage

No offense meant..........No offense taken.

I know you have the utmost respect and pride in you're heritage.

Archived