SASS Wire Forum

debt limit

Trigger Mike

I know many on the news cry aloud how catastrophic a failure to raise the debt limit would be, but has anyone noticed that if you were to go out and buy a U S government bond that you have to pay over and above the face value of that bond? In other words a buyer of U S debt is paying more than he will get when the bond matures. No on would do that if they thought the U S would default and not pay its bills. If you buy a U S bond your interest over 30 years is just over 4.2065% and cost you $1,028 per bond that matures at $1,000.

Ireland was cut to junk today by Moody's and we still have Greece that even with the help will likely default, next in line in waiting are Italy, as well as Portugal and Spain. Many fear France is also in line. The moral is we better cut spending, and I mean not just on paper, and even then we are still in better shape than many others.

I think this National financial disaster is just beginning. Congress won't cut spending until they are forced to and then it will be too late. I hate to be all doom and gloom but this ain't lookin' good.

I think this National financial disaster is just beginning. Congress won't cut spending until they are forced to and then it will be too late. I hate to be all doom and gloom but this ain't lookin' good.

Last time I checked if some one can't pay their bills, increasing the amount they can borrow does not help them pay down their debt, it only worsens the problem. I can see it now, what would happen if I told my boss that I had accrued massive amount of debt and could not pay it and so not only was I trying to get the bank to give me more credit but I want him to give me a raise to increase my revenue stream, at a lower amount than my new debt I was accrueing. His answer would likely be, no to the raise and since I can't mamange my affairs, he would consider finding a reason to fire me and my car insurer would also raise my rates as I can't be trusted to take care of my car. My lenders would raise my interest rates as I am a big risk of not paying so they might as well get what they can out of me while the getting is good.

There is NO debt limit. Congress has seen to it. It's a trick. Think about it.

I had Chambliss' chief of staff over for an informal Q&A, some time back. I have to say he answered my questions and was well read and ready. I was quite satisfied with his candor and honesty, not necessarily all of the answers. I even invited Sen. Chambliss and Mr. Harman to a SASS match. One thing I asked was when he and Sen. Issakson would retire. No disrespect, but they've been there long enough and we need young blood with some swagger to them ready to bruise their knuckles for the American people and our nation's future. No excuses and no compromise on the Constitution.

Mr. Harman has yet to send me any detailed info I requested.

Vote for me in 2014 and I'll make Washington lean and mean.

Daniel Stewart for U.S. Senate.

My campaign slogan:

"I'll We'll kick Washington in the nuts"

My campaign slogan:

"I'll kick Washington in the nuts"

Heck... that's better than "Tippecanoe and Tyler Too~!" ^_^

First, any faith and credit of the US Government by statue, by code and Constitution MUST be paid before any and all other obligations. So, it's pure political BS to assert that the USA would default on its debt. That doesn't include ANY entitlement program of any kind. What that means is they can take your hard earned monies for any and all social programs and change all the rules up to including any that you signed up and mutually agreed to.

We have now over 10X's the revenues of any indebtedness not including all entitlements. Simply put, if it can't happen then it won't happen. Santelli said it best, "SPEND LESS."

End of lesson. :FlagAm:

They are threatening to with hold SS and military paychecks, even though the money is there to pay them. I wonder how hard they would try to resolve the situation if the Executive and Legislative pay checks were on the line?

They are threatening to with hold SS and military paychecks, even though the money is there to pay them. I wonder how hard they would try to resolve the situation if the Executive and Legislative pay checks were on the line?

Might as well include the judiciary, too... that'd put the pressure on~!! <_<

Heck... that's better than "Tippecanoe and Tyler Too~!" ^_^

or even "I Like Ike"

as a side note on Ike. A buddy is a WW2 vet and long time Republican who attended many conventions. He said that Truman made Ike mad over failed promises and so instead of running as a democrat as planned, to get back at him he ran as a republican and won the presidency.

Talking bout debt limits...................

Here in MN, we're now the longest goverment shut down in U.S. history !!!

Think about that... two bodies of goverment that are acting like children over what amounts to be nothing at all.

All the things that make the state money are closed now.

But the folks in the legislature are making for sure they get they're paychecks for not doing their jobs.

I say just allow bootleggin again !!!!!! ;)

I had Chambliss' chief of staff over for an informal Q&A, some time back. I have to say he answered my questions and was well read and ready. I was quite satisfied with his candor and honesty, not necessarily all of the answers. I even invited Sen. Chambliss and Mr. Harman to a SASS match. One thing I asked was when he and Sen. Issakson would retire. No disrespect, but they've been there long enough and we need young blood with some swagger to them ready to bruise their knuckles for the American people and our nation's future. No excuses and no compromise on the Constitution.

My campaign slogan:

"I'll kick Washington in the nuts"

Dan, if you run for office, you got MY vote!

Talking bout debt limits...................

Here in MN, we're now the longest goverment shut down in U.S. history !!!

Think about that... two bodies of goverment that are acting like children over what amounts to be nothing at all.

All the things that make the state money are closed now.

But the folks in the legislature are making for sure they get they're paychecks for not doing their jobs.

I say just allow bootleggin again !!!!!! ;)

The shutdown will end when they feel they can muscle more taxes out of y'all.

The shutdown will end when they feel they can muscle more taxes out of y'all.

Actually, the shut-down will end when they become concerned that voters are starting to notice that things aren't falling apart just because the politicians and their appointed hacks are not in their offices.......

LL

Actually, the shut-down will end when they become concerned that voters are starting to notice that things aren't falling apart just because the politicians and their appointed hacks are not in their offices.......

LL

+1

1. Bootleggin' was never "Allowed" It was makin' illegal booze from start to finish. So if you want to do it, just go ahead.

2. The City of Minneapolis just got a quarter million bucks, a lot of it from the National Endowment for the Arts, to make Hennepin Avenue in downtown MPLS an "Art Corridor." Whatever the Hell that is. Meanwhile the state govrnment is shut down and the Fed gov't has an unbelievable debt load and the Legislators just can't stop spending. Thier answer is raise taxes.

3. Am I looking at this wrong?

The O'Meara himself

Thanks Mean Matt. I am thinking of running for something. Seriously. I do need to work on my tact. You know how it is, good looks only get ya so far.

We're saved!

Not about the debt limit, but the economy in general:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Bernanke-Fed-would-supply-apf-1990658503.html?x=0&.v=7

Ain't this (and so many other government programs) like dipping a bucket of water out of a pool on one end and only to dump it in the other? So this is progress simply on the basis of motion?

And their benefits, operating expenses, staff salaries, water, lights, cars, pensions, and every other cent they use to no benefit to the people.

Padlock the offices, lay everyone off, and tell them to come back when they resolve the spending issues or send in their resignations.

That would be my ultimate dream, but it won't happen.

My campaign slogan:

"I'll We'll kick Washington in the nuts"

Changed my slogan to be more inclusive.

Dirty Dan, I've been working on your campaign platform. Here are a few ways we can save money starting next month.

Abolish the U.S. Department of Education. They spend Billions and don't educate a single child.

Abolish HUD. Sell any housing projects to individuals and set up as a condo association. Private financing. Use sale of slums to reduce national debt.

Abolish government subsidies to anybody. Farmers, Oil Companies, Fisherman and elves.

Campaign war chests are immediately forfeited to the Federal government to reduce the national debt. Candidates can only receive campaign contributions within 120 days of the election. That should put a stop to 18 months of campaign commercials.

Implement the Fair Tax and eliminate 90% of the IRS.

Federal government gets out of flood insurance business.

Federal government gets out of the home mortgage business except for VA loans.

Congressmen get two secretaries. One for Washington and the other in their home district. They fly commercial coach. If they want/need any more, then they are welcome to pay for it out of their own pocket.

Eliminate "Community Block Grants". If they want new sidewalks and fancy light posts, let them pay for it themselves.

I'm just getting started. We'll have this thing balanced by the end of next week.

Dirty Dan, I've been working on your campaign platform. Here are a few ways we can save money starting next month.

Abolish the U.S. Department of Education. They spend Billions and don't educate a single child.

Abolish HUD. Sell any housing projects to individuals and set up as a condo association. Private financing. Use sale of slums to reduce national debt.

Abolish government subsidies to anybody. Farmers, Oil Companies, Fisherman and elves.

Campaign war chests are immediately forfeited to the Federal government to reduce the national debt. Candidates can only receive campaign contributions within 120 days of the election. That should put a stop to 18 months of campaign commercials.

Implement the Fair Tax and eliminate 90% of the IRS.

Federal government gets out of flood insurance business.

Federal government gets out of the home mortgage business except for VA loans.

Congressmen get two secretaries. One for Washington and the other in their home district. They fly commercial coach. If they want/need any more, then they are welcome to pay for it out of their own pocket.

Eliminate "Community Block Grants". If they want new sidewalks and fancy light posts, let them pay for it themselves.

I'm just getting started. We'll have this thing balanced by the end of next week.

real good start. Let's add stop funding to repair mosque in Egypt that got flooded with raw sewage (on the local news recently)

stop foreign subsidies for their healthcare

stop funding for TV and radio

stop funding planned parenthood

stop funding research of all projects, let private enterprise for profit and private donations do all the research they want

announce if someone feels everyone should pay more taxes, they are free to send all donations to what is left of the IRS

This ceiling business is getting on my last nerve. If their paychecks were on the line, maybe they'd quit playing and get serious. Bottom line, they gotta QUIT SPENDING. I had to about two years ago, just barely treading water still :angry::blush:

same boat as you Four-Eyed Buck I had to make the decision today to quit shooting for a while

Archived