SASS Wire Forum

Bifocal contact lenses

How do they affect your shooting?

I'm thinking of going this route but would like to see if anyone uses them and wears them during matches.

Regards

JW

How do they affect your shooting?

I'm thinking of going this route but would like to see if anyone uses them and wears them during matches.

Regards

JW

I tried them for a couple of weeks but could not get used to them. I don't have a problem wearing bifocal glasses.

I've used the Acuvue bifocals for years and love them. Just like having new eyes. I sleep in them for a couple of weeks and then just take them out, throw them away, and put a new pair in.

Had to work with the optomitrist to get them just right. You lose a little distance to get good vision up close, it's a trade-off. I had him give me more distance and found I could see to shoot perfectly. You have to be committed to wearing them for about 2 months in order for your mind(what's left) to adjust to them properly.

I am able to wear one in my right eye and a regular contact in my left. It works great for main match shooting. Tell your eye doctor what your doing. Mine help me get me the right prescription so I could see my sights clearly. I haven't been wearing them lately because I see better with glasses for the long range shooting before the main match.

I have been wearing B&L Multi-focal for years. They work a lot better for me than glasses. To me they are seamless in transition from near to far.

I still miss but I can't blame it on my vision..........or can I?

Wyatt

I have been wearing B&L Multi-focal for years. They work a lot better for me than glasses. To me they are seamless in transition from near to far.

I still miss but I can't blame it on my vision..........or can I?

Wyatt

So would the multi-focal work better than the bi-focal for our game and regular life?

I've been wearing single power leneses for years but the last couple of years my close up vision has gone the hell.

Regards

JW

JW,

The simple answer is YES, for me. I am near sighted and have no trouble focusing in on objects past 12". The only time I use readers is in dime lighting and very close work.

Your mileage may vary

Wyatt

Archived