SASS Wire Forum

Drum Roll Please

Utah Bob #35998

He's a GOOD Man, Uncle Bob !!

Even if'in' He does have a Wooden Head !! :lol:

Wimpy

And a fondness for yellow accessories. :lol:

Doggone it Utah Bob, you got me teary eyed now. I don't know how I could be accorded such and honor, but to be honored by you and my CAS friends makes me as proud as if I had won a overall at a match or something. :)

Let me get a bit serious for a moment pards. There was plenty of you that were a lot more in harms way than I ever was. Let me salute you that were on the ground, that were the front line, that were ready to give all for this wonderful and great country, the United States of America. Salute!

Now with my hat in hand, my heart saddened, let me say to all, let us not forget those that did not return and those that suffered wounds and disease and those that were imprisoned though they did no crime and for those that to this day are missing in action.

I know these feelings are the same other vets have. I cried my eyes out when my club The Cowboys honored Ivory Jack McCloud, myself and posthumously Laylow Curley. I thank my good friend Carson Coot for recognizing us, but there are many more that need some recognition too. We all dealt with the likes of protesters, hippies and no good doers. We could not dare say we had been there, yet there was a draft, the call was answered and we did not run off to Canada, we reported to boot camp and got our patriotism on.

I first want to thank God for letting me have my family, and all my friends in SASS and Patriot Guard Riders. Thank you God for blessing the USA.

I am also thankful for Utah Bob, who has done so much work on his Veterans and Bold websites. That is above and beyond the call right there and I know we all appreciate it and I just hope you know how much Utah Bob.

:FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm: \

Congrats to Howdy!!!

MG

:FlagAm: Congratulations, Howdy! Welcome back, sailor! P-3 duty was cramped and long, and mostly boring at times. But, it was also important. You do deserve the accolade, my friend. :FlagAm:

Two weeks ago today, I sounded Taps for a Naval vet who was a work friend of mine. The two Naval reps I worked with were a Chief and an enlisted Spec.. This was a Military Honors funeral not a full Military funeral. They were both on leave from the Asiatic Squadron, the Chief was due to go to Singapore in August.......Buck :blush:

Doggone it Utah Bob, you got me teary eyed now. I don't know how I could be accorded such and honor, but to be honored by you and my CAS friends makes me as proud as if I had won a overall at a match or something. :)

Let me get a bit serious for a moment pards. There was plenty of you that were a lot more in harms way than I ever was. Let me salute you that were on the ground, that were the front line, that were ready to give all for this wonderful and great country, the United States of America. Salute!

Now with my hat in hand, my heart saddened, let me say to all, let us not forget those that did not return and those that suffered wounds and disease and those that were imprisoned though they did no crime and for those that to this day are missing in action.

I know these feelings are the same other vets have. I cried my eyes out when my club The Cowboys honored Ivory Jack McCloud, myself and posthumously Laylow Curley. I thank my good friend Carson Coot for recognizing us, but there are many more that need some recognition too. We all dealt with the likes of protesters, hippies and no good doers. We could not dare say we had been there, yet there was a draft, the call was answered and we did not run off to Canada, we reported to boot camp and got our patriotism on.

I first want to thank God for letting me have my family, and all my friends in SASS and Patriot Guard Riders. Thank you God for blessing the USA.

I am also thankful for Utah Bob, who has done so much work on his Veterans and Bold websites. That is above and beyond the call right there and I know we all appreciate it and I just hope you know how much Utah Bob.

Howdy, don't ever forget that for every 1 of us with boots on the ground "up front" we had to have 5 or 6 others in the rear areas to support us. If it were not for the great support, we could not have completed our missions. My hat is off to all who served, in any way.

Just George

Archived