SASS Wire Forum

Which would you rather see?

I'm working on an article for GOW called "The Guns of 1873".

It will focus on the three iconic gun/cartridge combos of that year:

Colt SAA/.45 Colt

Win '73/.44-40

1873 Springfield/.45-70

Here's my question. For the companion video, should I do a long video on all the guns, or three shorter videos, each on only one of the guns?

Personally I would rather see a bit more depth than the glossing that will happen when trying to cover to much with one video.

A bit off topic BUT I would love to see an article on the popularity of the old 44RF Henry cartridge and it was getting old when the 45 Colt and 44-40 arrived and yet survived right there with them for a spell longer. The 44 Henry cases were scattered from CW battle fields to many of the Indian confrontations for ten years before those supposedly famous cowboy guns were even dreamed of. I think that you would have a subject that is interesting, educational, not yet covered by everyone else and think of those famous guns chambered for it. This is also a great way to promote the fact that we have a modern link to this old combination with the survival of the old 44 Russian, the much newer Cowboy 45 Special and those commercially available short carriers that adapt the old Toggle links to these short stubby rounds. Shux, one of the pards might even loan you a Henry with the short carrier to drive home the idea of just how close we can still get to shooting the Guns Of The Old West, right now. Remember, there are a lot of shooters who never see the WIRE and availability of these possibilities would be all new to them. Possible advertisers to be promoted; Uberti, Starline Brass, Pietta, Kirst Converters, many gunsmiths and even our own AJ! Shux Mike, you might even need to do that article as a two or three parter!

Archived