SASS Wire Forum

Prayer Posse Please

My pops is the strongest man in the world. (he is my stepdad...but he and I don't notice that)

He had a leak of spinal fluid comin out his nose. They did 2 crainomoites (pardon the spelling) and only partly sealed the cracks in the bone under the brain, so he got spinal meningitis either 5 or 6 times. Beat it every time. A doc at Kaiser finally came up with a surgery that put a shunt in his head and drained the fluid off...enough for the crack to seal....so he beat it..

A few years ago he came down with lung cancer...(he smoked all his life and quit when my mom was dying of cancer.) They took out about a quarter of one lung, and said they couldn't get it all and closed him up and told us to put his affairs in order as he was going to die in a few months. They did a minimal amount of cemo because of that. about 1 and a half years later.....the cancer was gone...

Now last week he was bleeding from the lower intestine somewhere and he has been in the hospital about a week. Ended up with pneumonia and he looks just awful...for the first time I am afraid.

I have told my trainees at work that thought their family members were going to pass that it is not right for parents to "outlive their kids"....I had one student tell me that I had changed her life forever with that and she could let her grandma pass now.

But, I am having a hard time to rationalize it with my dad. So, please put him in your prayers and let him either come home well, or at least to be comfortable...

I don't usually ask for much, so I hope you all will put him in your prayers for me...

thanks

yer pard

curley cole

Prayers up from Texas for your dad and for you.

Dear Lord, let a healing take place for Curly Cole's dad. Let it take place in Divine Love and Wisdom and let it take place in the highest good of all concerned. Prayers up from me and Windy City Red for your dad, you and your family.

Sassy Dancer

Thank you kindly for all the good words.

He isn't going to come home today. has an O2 sat of low 80's. but my sis talked to the doc and put the question to him..and doc said he definatly would be recovering from this....BUT he would have to work for it. So, I am praying that has the gusto for one more time..

thanks again

curley

You will be added to several prayer chains.

KK

Prayers up for you and your dad.

Archived