SASS Wire Forum

Once fired brass value for .45LC?

I started counting up me once-fired brass for .45LC, and I have about 2000 of them in the black boxes you get when they're new. They're all once fired only. Any clue for a ballpark value per 50 round box? I'll never get to re-loading them as I shoot less in a year than many of you would shoot in a long weekend.

Nw starline brass sells for about 96.00 per 500 clean and ready to size and load... Breaking that down t a box of 50 using the above suggestion would be about 4 or five bucks a box.....send me a PM if you want to unload it. I could make an offer depending on manufacturer.....but I don't want to turn your question into a classified add...

Once shot, I would say about half of what it would be worth new..And DD is correct on the price of new Starline..If it's Starline, or Winchester, I would be interested in some of it meself.

I have seen guys claim it to be once fired and get as much as 75% right here on the Classifieds and notice that I am not asking to buy any after telling you my opinion. As AJ pointed out, watch for the availability cycle for the best time to sell, as that just might be where you get that extra percentage. You will frequently see pards who are willing to buy used for a twenty or twenty five percent savings if the item is in newer condition and they trust the seller. For most of us good brass holds up extremely well and guaranteed one time use is what I consider well less than five percent of the life expectancy for good quality non plated 45 brass. Brand does count and you do not mention that.

Should you decide that you need to sell a used Uberti '76 model, let me know. Ill go as high as 50% of the new price if you have only shot it once.

I have seen guys claim it to be once fired and get as much as 75% right here on the Classifieds and notice that I am not asking to buy any after telling you my opinion. As AJ pointed out, watch for the availability cycle for the best time to sell, as that just might be where you get that extra percentage. You will frequently see pards who are willing to buy used for a twenty or twenty five percent savings if the item is in newer condition and they trust the seller. For most of us good brass holds up extremely well and guaranteed one time use is what I consider well less than five percent of the life expectancy for good quality non plated 45 brass. Brand does count and you do not mention that.

Should you decide that you need to sell a used Uberti '76 model, let me know. Ill go as high as 50% of the new price if you have only shot it once.

I have looked at all the sites I frequent and there is only one place with any used for sale at any price.

http://www.go2gbo.com/forums/index.php/topic,237164.0.html

"Graybeard Outdoors". This seller has many items for sale and usually sells at a fair price.

shipped - 7. Winchester 45 Colt Brass, 100 cases, 50 unfired, 50 once-fired, $28.

ALSO WTS: 45 Colt Brass **SPF**

« on: June 28, 2011, 08:58:04 AM »

For sale: 104 cleaned 45 Colt brass. Almost all Star-line (2 or 3 are R & P) and are in very good condition. These may have been reloaded before, but I don't know - they don't look like it. They were taken in trade with some other things.

$20 shipped USPS small flat rate box. Cash or postal MO.

go to gunbroker.com. Login... do a search for "once fired 45LC brass" or just "45 LC brass". Go to "COMPLETED AUCTIONS" then ignore all the ones that didn't sell. That's the market price.

go to gunbroker.com. Login... do a search for "once fired 45LC brass" or just "45 LC brass". Go to "COMPLETED AUCTIONS" then ignore all the ones that didn't sell. That's the market price.

+1 to what Brother King said. It is also a good place to gauge the market price for guns.

TR

Thanks for the honest replies, folks. Most of my brass is either Winchester or Black Hills, with maybe a couple of hundred or so Starline mixed in somewhere. I know I had 100 rounds of first time reloads a pal gave to me, and I’m sure they’re probably mixed in there somewhere.

I got a LOT of PMs of offers to buy whatever I had, so if I sell, they’d already be spoken for once I figure out a price.

Thanks for the honest replies, folks. Most of my brass is either Winchester or Black Hills, with maybe a couple of hundred or so Starline mixed in somewhere. I know I had 100 rounds of first time reloads a pal gave to me, and I’m sure they’re probably mixed in there somewhere.

I got a LOT of PMs of offers to buy whatever I had, so if I sell, they’d already be spoken for once I figure out a price.

We can still do a private deal...Will pay double and no one will no a thing...Just a private quiet deal...Just between you and me and the wall...This will be so quiet no one on SASS Wire will no a thing...

Texas Lizard

*** I'll trade you a Ruger XGI for your brass.

*** I buy my brass from Starline for about $150 per 1,000 - shipped. Ususlaly takes 2 weeks to get it, ... even if their website says different.

THANKS!

Somewhere I have a receipt for the deposit I put down on an XGI, still waiting for the gun to arrive. :wacko:

*** I'll trade you a Ruger XGI for your brass.

FWIW, I recently paid $85.00 for 500 "Once Fired" Starline .45LC shipped.

(He also threw in some .44 Mag brass that was lying around, but the deal was for the .45 LC)

If you are interested, I will make the same deal with you as I did with Tenderfoot Tom.

Soso

We can still do a private deal...Will pay double and no one will no a thing...Just a private quiet deal...Just between you and me and the wall...This will be so quiet no one on SASS Wire will no a thing...

Texas Lizard

This whole post is starting to look like an auction. The rules say: "Post a price!!!" No exceptions.

Al

So this (brass headed) horse walks into a bar, and the Bartender says "....

Why the long face??? notice, no funny comments about your request. Cpt

KK

This whole post is starting to look like an auction. The rules say: "Post a price!!!" No exceptions.

Al

If he going sell, he has already decided to whom and I'm not on that list...The post seem to be boring so I decided liven it some...I know actions are wrong here and would never start one...The things I have sold here are cut and dry sell with a price...As it should be...But we do need a lttle fun once in awhile...

Texas Lizard

He asks an honest question and it could have been asked over on the WIRE in an attempt as proof of it being non commercial. The sad story is that as soon as the same style question is asked on the Wire, fokes start offering their estimate as a bid. If asking for an honest value quote turns into a bidding problem then look to the responders not the one seeking an answer. Do not bid on an item that is not actually being offered for sale and has no price listed.

Archived