SASS Wire Forum

Fav-O-Right Bullet

Anvil Al #59168

Guest diablo slim shootist

man - those must be some big snakes for a 310 gr bullet! Remind me not to go venturin' in the woods in yer parts!

:unsure::lol::FlagAm:

Some snakes walk on two legs!

I won't tell you what I shoot (yea I will) but I will tell you what my customers buy:

in 38 cal..hands down it's the 125TC...I think they got it wrong...the 130RNFP is the slick willie in 38...but hey..customers always right..isn't he?

second its the 105TC but a lot of people feel it's too light and gets scored badly.. various heavy weights for rowdy knockdowns

45 cal is a toss up between 180g and 200g RNFP and 200g+RNFP in BP

44 is usually always 200 RNFP in smokeless or BP....Big lube #1 by far

My personal favorite is the new DC44 Gunfighter..160g RNFP can go BP or Smokeless..and shoots straight...Yes I know that's shameless self promotion and I make no apoligies for it.

.38 - a 125 grain FN design from a Lee mould that actually drops out at ~137 grains.

.45 - sometimes the standard 250 grain RFN, but more often a 230 grain .45acp design. I use a taper crimp die with these and have NEVER had one telescope back into the case in my .45 rifles due to no crimp groove. In my experience, any lighter bullet and accuracy goes south in a hurry.

Missouri Bullet 125g TC in pistols and 73 & 66 rifles. Bear Creek 125g RNFP feed a tad smoother in Fannie Kicker's Marlin 38 CBC rifle when she chooses to shoot LBW. By the way Al, why would ya be askin? ;)

Getting ready to plop down a pretty good chuck of change for a Magma Bullet Master.

Got to get a handle on what molds I want to start off with.

P.S. Great lead in there Titus. :P

Lonetree Bullet's 130gr RNFP in both pistols (RNV) and rifle (Marlin), crimped in the crimp groove.

Same bullet, same load, means less thinking and opportunity to screw up for me.

I shoot .38spl, 158gr RNFP for both Rifle and my Vaqueros.

No Issues whatsoever!

Frenchy

Getting ready to plop down a pretty good chuck of change for a Magma Bullet Master.

Got to get a handle on what molds I want to start off with.

P.S. Great lead in there Titus. :P

Al, are you going to get the separator unit with it? That would be a way for you to be able to run different bullets of similar weight, all distributed into their respective output pans. We have one on one of our Bullet Master and it is a handy thing to have when you don't need a million of one particular bullet. And you can buy moulds in few than full-set quantities, as well, saving a heap of cash.

Brad

Currently: .38 = 105Gr TC for both rifle and pistol. Cycles like wet grain thru a Goose

.45 = 160Gr RNFP for both rifle and pistol. Loaded in .45CS cases. Gotta love 'em

Gonna try some of AJ's 130Gr .45s soon as he ships 'em.

Coffinmaker

Bear Creek Bullets 125Gr. RNFP molly coated for .357 rounds in BP

I have used the 158Gr. RNFP Molly coated but prefer the 125Gr.

JJJ-D

:ph34r::ph34r:

Currently: .38 = 105Gr TC for both rifle and pistol. Cycles like wet grain thru a Goose

.45 = 160Gr RNFP for both rifle and pistol. Loaded in .45CS cases. Gotta love 'em

Gonna try some of AJ's 130Gr .45s soon as he ships 'em.

Coffinmaker

I cast some last night, and got the pot heating now to do some more. probably be Monday to get em on the stage ;))

Al, are you going to get the separator unit with it? That would be a way for you to be able to run different bullets of similar weight, all distributed into their respective output pans. We have one on one of our Bullet Master and it is a handy thing to have when you don't need a million of one particular bullet. And you can buy moulds in few than full-set quantities, as well, saving a heap of cash.

Brad

Yes. I will be getting the Bullet Separator with it, along with the Multi-Impact accessory.

If I am going to do it. Might as well get all the bells and whistles with it.

As starting out I can only pick so many molds because of cost. As not only buying the

Bullet MasterMark 8. But also the Lube Master to go with it.

AND building a building to put it in. :o

Think I may be going nuts for doing this.

But I can not keep shoeing horses forever.

Maybe shoe a few days a week. Make bullets a few days a week.

Pretty good cost to get it all going.

In my 45 LC I use a 180grain bullet from Chance Ramsey....Bullets by Chance

In my 45 Cowboy Load I found a 160 gr from Clark Bullets

In my 38's for both pistol and rifle I use 110gr from Duece Stevens

KK

Yes. I will be getting the Bullet Separator with it, along with the Multi-Impact accessory.

If I am going to do it. Might as well get all the bells and whistles with it.

As starting out I can only pick so many molds because of cost. As not only buying the

Bullet MasterMark 8. But also the Lube Master to go with it.

AND building a building to put it in. :o

Think I may be going nuts for doing this.

But I can not keep shoeing horses forever.

Maybe shoe a few days a week. Make bullets a few days a week.

Pretty good cost to get it all going.

That's exactly what my wife and I did in late 2006, Al. We incorporated as a Sub-chapter S corporation in January of '07. We put up a 35x18' steel building, had it wired, and put our Bullet Master and Lube Masters in it. We didn't have any insulation in there and it was tough working nights and weekends in there, believe me, during the summer and winter months.

I quit my day job 2 years ago, hired employees (we have 3 full-time now and we provide medical insurance, workman's comp, and liability insurance.) We have seven Bullet Masters and eight Lube Masters and we manufacture an average of a hundred thousand bullets a day, five days a week. We have more buildings now, too :-)

We've shipped nine million bullets so far this year.

So it can be done, and I salute you. Anything I can help you with, let me know. There's a tremendous learning curve with that equipment and I had to do it all the hard way.

Brad

That's exactly what my wife and I did in late 2006, Al. We incorporated as a Sub-chapter S corporation in January of '07. We put up a 35x18' steel building, had it wired, and put our Bullet Master and Lube Masters in it. We didn't have any insulation in there and it was tough working nights and weekends in there, believe me, during the summer and winter months.

I quit my day job 2 years ago, hired employees (we have 3 full-time now and we provide medical insurance, workman's comp, and liability insurance.) We have seven Bullet Masters and eight Lube Masters and we manufacture an average of a hundred thousand bullets a day, five days a week. We have more buildings now, too :-)

We've shipped nine million bullets so far this year.

So it can be done, and I salute you. Anything I can help you with, let me know. There's a tremendous learning curve with that equipment and I had to do it all the hard way.

Brad

Thank you for the offer. And I may very well take you up on it.

The help and support shown to me for other casters already sit up and running as been great.

From Stormy, Duece and you all. Thank you very much.

Compared to all of you. I will be just a drop in the bucket.

As I don't want to stop shoeing horses. But I sure need to cut back even

more than I have.

Just be part time at both. :huh:

Archived