SASS Wire Forum

Cimarron 1911

Grayrock, SASS #64093

I have two of them. Not the polished model but the military dull. I like em, they shoot great and I have not had any issues with them. I did change out the main springs for some lighter ones and polished up a few parts, but that is all.

I have the high polish blue model. Picked it up at EOT. It is a 1911 frame without the A1 changes. So far I have put close to 400 rounds through it with no problems. Sights are true to the model, ie small! Those Doughboys must have had great eyesight! It has the lanyard ring on the grip and comes with a magazine that also has a lanyard ring on the bottom. A "1911" military style holster was included, but it's nothing to get excited about........ Pistol is made in the Philippines, but finish is done in this country. Markings are Cimarron.

Are the sights fixed and/or dovetailed in?

Front is standard stacked sight - rear is dovetailed. Standard mil spec set up. Pistol is correct for WB Traditional.

Pistol is made in the Philippines, but finish is done in this country. Markings are Cimarron.

Where did you get this information? For years, there have been people claiming that Cimarron's Western style guns get special work after being imported, but those rumors have been largely debunked. Cimarron is an importer with no production facilities that I am aware of. I'm not saying it isn't true, it just sounds like the same-old, same-old.

Where did you get this information? For years, there have been people claiming that Cimarron's Western style guns get special work after being imported, but those rumors have been largely debunked. Cimarron is an importer with no production facilities that I am aware of. I'm not saying it isn't true, it just sounds like the same-old, same-old.

As for the "Western style guns", some are as received from Uberti. Others receive action jobs or special finishes in this country.

As for the 1911, Armscor makes it to Cimarron's specs, including the original frame style and the original style patent markings on the slide. The guns received from Armscor are in the dull (parkerized?) finish. The extremely high polish and nickled finishes are done by Ford Plating.

As for the "Western style guns", some are as received from Uberti. Others receive action jobs or special finishes in this country.

As for the 1911, Armscor makes it to Cimarron's specs, including the original frame style and the original style patent markings on the slide. The guns received from Armscor are in the dull (parkerized?) finish. The extremely high polish and nickled finishes are done by Ford Plating.

I will also note that the "high polish blue" on this pistol is indeed high polish! It is stunning, IMHO. In addition, the pistol is marked pretty much the same as period pieces. A nice detail. :)

Thanks for the info. I checked out Ford Plating's website, pretty impressive.

I will also note that the "high polish blue" on this pistol is indeed high polish! It is stunning, IMHO. In addition, the pistol is marked pretty much the same as period pieces. A nice detail. :)

I saw some Hogue aluminum flame grips that looked like they were made for this gun, so I borrowed a pair and stuck them on a display gun to see how it looked. Not at all cowboy, but cool: 1911 Flame Grips

I saw some Hogue aluminum flame grips that looked like they were made for this gun, so I borrowed a pair and stuck them on a display gun to see how it looked. Not at all cowboy, but cool: 1911 Flame Grips

Now that's a Texas BBQ pistol, for sure! :lol: Very nice. :)

Archived