SASS Wire Forum

Another Topic Deleted

Rube Burrows

Ya know....I dont get into all of the politics of this site but its clearly a pain in the A$$ when whole threads get deleted and there is no reason why and no one who will even step up and tell you why they did it.

No wonder why I hear such wonderful things about the Wire :angry:

Rube, if you haven't tried to log in for the past day or two, you might not have known the wire was down and the backup they restored from was a day or two old, so some posts were lost due to that.

Otherwise, don't know what to tell ya.

Rube, if you haven't tried to log in for the past day or two, you might not have known the wire was down and the backup they restored from was a day or two old, so some posts were lost due to that.

Otherwise, don't know what to tell ya.

I do know the site was down and...Yeah.....im sure that is what it was. :lol:

Which thread?

About my Pioneer Gun Works 73.

It was not an ad or anything. Just talking about it as I wait on it to come in.

In my preparation to buy this I was also asking questions about some of the different smith's rifles and of course it got deleted. Seems to be a theme.

No worries I guess. Just starting to see some of the politics that I have heard so much about come into play here.

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that the SASS WAHR POST SNATCHERS ain't out to get ya! :ph34r:

:lol: :lol:

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that the SASS WAHR POST SNATCHERS ain't out to get ya! :ph34r:

:lol: :lol:

Not paranoid in the least. I know there is politics on here that I know nothing about. That is all fine and dandy. I just wish someone would at least shoot a fellow a PM and let them know why their thread is getting axed.

Howdy

I really don't think your post was deleted. A bunch of stuff got lost when the server went down.

Maybe so......just dont seem to happen on any other forum that im a part of.

I'll keep giving the benefit of the doubt I suppose. Its really not that big of a deal. Would just like to know why certain topics up and disappear.

Its not hurting me .....its just the web. I just think that if they are being deleted that it would be a nice thing if the deleter could PM the original poster so they can know why.....and maybe not post that kind of thing again.

Either way, my Rant is over.

Hope everyone had a good weekend of shooting.

Rube,

I remember reading the topic a few days ago. If another moderator had "eliminated' the topic, I would still be able to see it.

It doesn't exist.

When the server failed we were forced to restore from a back up that was a couple days old. I suspect the backup was made before your topic was posted.

There will be other posts missing also.

Wild Shot

Maybe so......just dont seem to happen on any other forum that im a part of.

I'll keep giving the benefit of the doubt I suppose. Its really not that big of a deal. Would just like to know why certain topics up and disappear.

Its not hurting me .....its just the web. I just think that if they are being deleted that it would be a nice thing if the deleter could PM the original poster so they can know why.....and maybe not post that kind of thing again.

Either way, my Rant is over.

Hope everyone had a good weekend of shooting.

Rube:

I remember that thread. I betcha' that it got lost in the recovery. I don't remember seeing anything that would have caused it to get pulled.

Rube,

I remember reading the topic a few days ago. If another moderator had "eliminated' the topic, I would still be able to see it.

It doesn't exist.

When the server failed we were forced to restore from a back up that was a couple days old. I suspect the backup was made before your topic was posted.

There will be other posts missing also.

Wild Shot

Thank you for the response. Its really not a huge deal. I was told last time a thread of mine was deleted that the person who did it was above the mods and I figured the same thing happened again.

Archived