SASS Wire Forum

Is this gun legal for Wild Bunch Modern Category

Crossfire Brown

Howdy,

I have found out today that I will have opportunity to shoot Wild Bunch at a nearby club each month. Is this gun Les Baer Premier 5 allowed for Modern Category? The specs are listed on the linked page. The weight is fine as it weighs 39.7 ounces with an empty mag. I already own this gun so I would want to use it or if possible modify it to be used. Although it would be an excuse to buy another gun, that is not an immediate option right now for me. I was able to compare the obvious items of the specs with the SASS rules but there were some items that were beyond my 1911 knowledge to compare with confidence. Thanks for any help.

CB

CB, according to the rule book the Baer PMII is legal in the Modern category. i think the Baer 1911s are the best you can get for the money as far as i am concerned, i have owned several and they were all tack drivers and reliable.

RR

Appears to me that it would be legal for the modern class provided you use the correct magazines. But like BH said, I would post this in the WB forum to be sure or ask at the club you will be shooting with...................Mink........

Thanks everyone for your comments. I went ahead and posted the question on the Wild Bunch site. I did not know there was a W/B site. Learn something new everyday!

Thanks again,

CB

Thanks everyone for your comments. I went ahead and posted the question on the Wild Bunch site. I did not know there was a W/B site. Learn something new everyday!

Thanks again,

CB

have fun with wild bunch

it rocks

expect it to bee a tadd bit higher in skill set than cas

cuz that is what sASS wants

I love it :)

and I am NOT a slide gun person :huh:

Archived