SASS Wire Forum

Small Travel Trailers

Hi CC, too far...

Kris, yes! I can't wait to see you and Uno again!

Thanks Shoer! Now, just when is that Ukiah Helldorado match? I will be there!

Bama, will do!

:wub:

AM

a lot further off then both of us want, May 2012 is when the MD is trying to shoot for I think

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eureka!

Just checking in. I'm buying this today!

Regards,

Allie Mo

Congrats to you Allie Mo (no "e")!!!!!

Yep Matthew,

It's perfect except I NEED MORE WATER AND A GENERATOR! However, we knew that when we bought it.

I towed it today down Fiddletown Road, Jackson HWY (16), and Ione Road. WHEW! Fiddletown Road sucks (as did the gas mileage)! I feel like I've done it all except to practice backing up and we've got room for that.

Yee Haw! Western Regional, here I come! :D

Regards,

Allie Mo

AM (no E0

Congrats on the trailer , You will want to take it easy on the first few trips , also if not installed , Please put bearing buddies on and grease them every trip .

I spent most of a day , helping some folks out , that burned up a bearing in thair trailer , due to not enough grease .

CB

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Folks,

I made it part way home. I took a break at my MIL's house.

Yikes! What an adventure. I learned lots about my new trailer and how things work. One is that it is no fun pulling it through a 45 MPH head wind going up hill. Part of the time, I was only going 35 MPH. Also, towing on Fiddletown Road in the dark isn't fun either. Other than that it towed quite nicely.

TTYL, gotta hit the road again.

Allie Mo

PS We do plan on getting a generator, one large permanently-installed water tank, and more propane before the spring shooting season starts.

It's a grand learning experience, isn't it? Crosswinds can test your pucker power, with headwinds I pick a semi to follow. Glad you made it, was it fun?

Jack, they were passing me until we hit the headwinds. Then I sped past them at 35MPH. :lol:

BH, my neighbors offered. Unfortunately, I have some stubborn moments and don't want to use others' stuff. In return, that means, please don't ask to use my water for YOUR shower. :blush:;) Grey Goose, Gran Mariner...I'll gladly share. Shower water is just too precious to share. :o;)

:wub:

• 6 months later...

Well, here I am again.

Buyer beware with the trailer I bought. My refrigerator went out on my second trip. According to the repairman, it burned up due to improper ventilation. At least it was on warranty. He put in some sheet metal baffles to direct the heat down; but wasn't encouraging about the results.

I'm heading to Oregon this week. I hope I don't find water on the floor like when it went out. Mopping is not on my "to do" list for annual matches.

Cross your fingers for me...

Regards,

Allie Mo

PS I got a Honda eu6500is generator. Overkill but works like a dream. Hubby figured out a system to carry more water (for showers). I have four seven-gallon jugs in the back of the truck (we got a Ram 1500 4wd with a tow package). He mounted a pump on the trailer tongue. I stick a hose from the pump to the jug and another hose from the pump to the trailer tank. Works great. "Trailer Boy" is my hero!

Is your refer a Dometic? They have had LOTS of recalls.

Don't forget to turn the water pump OFF when not in use. ;)

LG

Hi Lumpy,

Yep, it's a Dometic.

I turn the water pump off when I'm done filling as it spews out when it's full. If you mean the inside red pump switch, I try to remember that. Sometimes I forget. Usually, I remember.

Thanks,

AM

YES, turn OFF the main pump switch when not in use or when your NOT in the trailer or when towing.

That way if you have a leak, and the switch is OFF.

The pump will not keep on pumping water and you won't slip and do a big "C R A S H"(HE-HE :P )on the wet floor.

Do check into posible Dometic issues. There are many. You will need to know the model # of yours to do so.

Many RV makers have stopped using Dometic, BTW.

You could run my entire house with that 6500W genny........ :lol:

We just bought 2 Honda EU2000I's and LOVE'em.

LG

Hey Lumpy,

That is the reason we bought that generator. We have frequent power outages in our sparsely populated area. So restoring power can take a while. We have a huge noisy generator and got this one to use at night so we can sleep.

I'm not sure what we can do about the Dometic while it is on warranty other than keep an eye on it and get it repaired ASAP. Thanks for the tips.

Regards,

AM

Hey Lumpy,

That is the reason we bought that generator. We have frequent power outages in our sparsely populated area. So restoring power can take a while. We have a huge noisy generator and got this one to use at night so we can sleep.

I'm not sure what we can do about the Dometic while it is on warranty other than keep an eye on it and get it repaired ASAP. Thanks for the tips.

Regards,

AM

PS When I went to 5 Dogs, I scraped the side on one of those concrete posts at a gas station. So, yet again, I'm living up to the name "crash." :blush:

Bev Mo! You mean it's Crash Mo now?

Working all the bugs out can be frustrating, took about a year on mine. All I do now is load up and go! Have fun in Oregon!

Dear Jack,

Lumpy Christened me "Crash" at Chimney Rock in 2008. I only became Bev Mo in 2010 at GBJL. So, I guess I have an identity crisis going, except I'd probably answer to both. ;)

Regards,

AM

What did you do way back then to deserve the name?

AM, see if you can buy an extended warranty for the new Dometic. It WILL be worth it down the road. Please research the Dometic recall issues, you will then see why I say this ;)

When you level(front to back & side to side)the trailer, Use the bottom floor of the "refer" as your guide/master for level. This is very important for the refer's best operation and long life.

Cheers,

LG

CRAP!

We just got the trailer back Monday, with a new refrigerator, and plugged it in. It got down to temperature yesterdayu. Today, it's up to 60. The first one at least worked for one match before "crapping out."

Well, I'm leaving for Oregon tomorrow. At least I have an ice chest.

Archived