SASS Wire Forum

Small Travel Trailers

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Allie, you do know that there are places you can go to get a brake controller installed, it's not that expensive.

Brings up an interesting question, do those really tiny trailers even have trailer brakes? I reckon so or you wouldn't be wanting a controller huh.

:lol::lol::lol:

Yep Dave, I know. I even mentioned doing that. It did not go over well. For all I know, I may never get a trailer and he's stalling me as long as he can. He hates it when I go away and I even leave him premade food in the freezer. :blink:

About the trailers and brakes, I assume they do. A friend of mine bought a small trailer and had one installed. Anyway, hubby is in charge of car stuff. I just started putting gas in my own car three years ago. :rolleyes: I've led a sheltered life.

:wub:

Allie Mo

Link

They even come with ready made wiring harnesses, just drill a couple holes, screw in the bracket, plug it in.

You could always just sign up for a match, and tell him that if you don't have your own trailer before then, that <insert cowboys name here> has offered to let you stay in his trailer with him. :D

If you scroll down a ways in that link they have a video of how to install in a Silverado, so easy I think even I could do it! LOL.

Edit - if you are buying a new trailer from a dealer, it would be very easy to have them throw in a brake controller and installation into the deal at no additional charge.

Link

They even come with ready made wiring harnesses, just drill a couple holes, screw in the bracket, plug it in.

You could always just sign up for a match, and tell him that if you don't have your own trailer before then, that <insert cowboys name here> has offered to let you stay in his trailer with him. :D

Dave,

He's stubborn and said he'd do it. I just have to wait until he's in the mood. :rolleyes:

About staying with a cowboy, I've already done that with my BFF, Wimpy. I'm pretty sure I would not feel comfortable staying with any other cowboys. I'd feel better staying with a couple (not cowboys, rather a husband and wife).

Regards,

Allie Mo

Allie, I know what you mean, I wasn't suggesting that you actually do it....just tell him that you were going to do it if you didn't have a trailer yet! :D

I sometimes put off projects because they intimidate me. Even when I know that they should be easy, but if I haven't done that sort of thing before, it can be intimidating. Maybe a video of how easy it is would help, it would me.

OK, I'm done. Just trying to be helpful, and funny, but you know yer hubby and what is more likely to work or not. :D

It's just that I'm so dang excited for ya!

Back when I was shopping for my truck camper which is now long since sold, I think I may have had more fun in the looking and planning than I did after I actually got it!

Wow this is a Real Good Deal: 2007 kz-spree 290bhs - $2400 (sacramento)

:blink: Like previously mentioned, that's waaay too good to be true, and probably meant to be $24,000 instead of $2400... or maybe a scam.

Allie Mo, from the "campers & trucks" thread - have you seen this?

Trail Manor Sport Deck

Well I saw a nicely restored old VW Microbus camper (the kind with the split window front and lots of edge of roof windows on the sides and a popup roof)

it got me to thinking I know most van conversions here use the larger bread van size of trucks as a base machine (think Merc /Dodge Sprinter) but there is another way based on smaller vans and using the PoP up roof design as a basis;

and I had a look on line and found that they are still made in europe on the current VW van base (the sort used to to take motel guests to and from the airport I guess and over there you can get them at every price point and even roll in your used van for conversions http://www.freebirdconversions.co.uk/

and a large Do it yourself marked is catered for as seen here http://www.convertyourvan.co.uk/fordtransitcamperconversion.html (note that the Ford Transet Van is now sold in the US http://www.campervanlife.com/westfalia-ford-transit-camper-van-conversion so perhaps some one will start using it for conversions here

on this side of the pond I think the VW Westfalia supported units sold through their dealers stopped around 10 years ago; I did not see anything as small being made here but they do seem to be made using larger vans as a base like this outfit in Canada http://www.roadtrek.com/history.aspx

And of course you might find one of the old VW split window sort that has been nicely restored

• 3 weeks later...

Eureka!

Just checking in. I'm buying this today!

Regards,

Allie Mo

good deal Miss Allie

Even better deal. We got it for less than listed, including tax, DMV, and installing a brake controller in my car! BTW, their photos are washed out. The interior is much prettier. I love the rust color it has.

It's mine!

Yippee!

I'm now officially "trailer trash." :D:);)

Even better deal. We got it for less than listed, including tax, DMV, and installing a brake controller in my car! BTW, their photos are washed out. The interior is much prettier. I love the rust color it has.

It's mine!

Yippee!

You may be trailer "something," Allie, but never trash!

It looks like just what you have been seeking! Congratulations!

eGG

Bev Mo I know you are up north, but there are some good deals down here in OC

It's mine!

Yippee!

you're far from trailer trash Miss Allie :rolleyes:

Way to go, Allie!! :excl:

Looks like just what you've been wanting and you got it at a good price. Now, hook it up and go shooting!! :D:D

EDIT: Double tap.

Archived