SASS Wire Forum

Small Travel Trailers

Thanks RTH and Rex,

I know that roomy is good. I just don't need it. For me to go to annual matches economically is more important than all the niceties that big offers. I will consider myself lucky if I can pull this off before hubby decides the money could be better spent elsewhere. Believe me, we've got other potential expenditures...

:wub:

AM

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey,

Yesterday, I saw a Skyline Aljo 14'. Loved the layout. It had everything I need. I'm just wondering about the quality. The fabrics and wood is pretty chintzy. It had a molded plastic kitchen sink. I guess when it gets raunchy, I can change it for stainless pretty easy.

Today, I'm going to a dealer that carries Cikira.

Wish me luck.

Allie

Allie, you know me so here goes. Get yourself a pick up with a hi rise camper shell and an 8' bed, put a sleep number mattress in the bed and have at it. You might also want to get a garden hose with a shower attachment. OOPS, I don't believe that's what you are looking for. Boy, I bet I pay for that in Vegas at the Convention. It's better than a tent and elimates one vehicle.

Shenny

Shenny,

You might want some shin guards for your Shenny Shin Shins. :unsure::rolleyes:

It was fun shopping but they had not one trailer >16'. Nice guys though. We talked CAS. One of them sold a trailer to some CAS friends of mine and I think he's got the bug.

Hubby is going to check out the one I found yesterday. Nice little 14'er.

Regards,

Allie Mo

Try here, there is a 16' Scamp listed in the 'other' section for 10K. It's in Palmdale....

Casita Club

JJJ-D

:ph34r::ph34r:

Years ago I had a marvelous 14' that had queen size bed, galley, and a closet/porta potty. Old Blister..e.r....my Sweet Bride....finally had enough after 3 weeks on the road, we got hit by a torrential rain storm, she had to run to the campground 'facilities' in the middle of the night....and her 75# now-wet doberman got her tangled up in getting thru the door.

She insisted she had to have these factors: 1) walk around bed; 2) ability to have a bed AND a table at the same time; 3) functional bathroom, not a bucket.

So 23' Aerolite was the smallest package we could find all that in. And while 1/2 350 chevy did pull it fine, it was a LOT more comfortable with the 3/4 ton Hemi Dodge.

Haven't read all the prior entries yet, but will try to catch up. In short, after camping extensively these past nearly 40 years, starting with bags on the ground and working thru tents etc, my own favorite was an 8' Alaskan.

Camping rigs are like cowboy gear....What seems to be the case, is no matter what you've got, you discover reasons soon enough why you think you'd like something else.

Years ago I had a marvelous 14' that had queen size bed, galley, and a closet/porta potty. Old Blister..e.r....my Sweet Bride....finally had enough after 3 weeks on the road, we got hit by a torrential rain storm, she had to run to the campground 'facilities' in the middle of the night....and her 75# now-wet doberman got her tangled up in getting thru the door jest as a giant burst of thunder and blast of extry wet downpour hit, supplemented by a big lightning flash that showed a skunk running down the walkway.

She insisted she had to have these factors: 1) walk around bed; 2) ability to have a bed AND a table at the same time; 3) functional bathroom, not a bucket.

So 23' Aerolite was the smallest package we could find all that in. And while 1/2 350 chevy did pull it fine, at 3500# dry it was a LOT more comfortable towing with the bigger muscle 3/4 ton Hemi Dodge .

Haven't read all the prior entries yet, but will try to catch up. In short, after camping extensively these past nearly 40 years, starting with bags on the ground and working thru tents etc, my own favorite was an 8' Alaskan.

Camping rigs are like cowboy gear....What seems to be the case, is no matter what you've got, you discover reasons soon enough why you think you'd like something else.

Hi Jake,

I know what you mean. There were several things I didn't like about our RV. This time around, I doubt that hubby will travel with me. So, the bed situation is different. I'd just like a couch to sleep on and, like you, a table that can remain a table. I would never consider one without a shower due to the nature of most of our CAS ranges' camping situations.

If I won the lottery, I'd buy a big deluxe coach like Dr. George has. Alas, that isn't going to happen (I never buy tickets) so I'm thinking as small and cheap as possible.

Regards,

Allie Mo

Hey Allie....like the layout you showed...looks like a fairly good closet (ie long enough for skirts and dresses)....I think you should get it...hehehehe I love spending other peoples money :D ....hope to see you in it somewhere back in CA in the next couple of years....

PS Here is a layout I loved! Look here.

You could live/ be comfortable in that? Sheeeesh... no wonder you've enjoyed such a long marriage.... :wub:

:) Yes, BK, I am a saint. :unsure::rolleyes:

Lizzie, are you "coming home?" I hope our paths cross again too! I want to go to Chimney Rock again and Defend the Roost.

It is a good wardobe, just not big enough. :rolleyes: I was thinking I could add a clothing bar across the back over the table for more clothes... then, it would be perfect for one person. ;)

AM

...Today, I'm going to a dealer that carries Cikira.

Wish me luck.

Allie

Good Luck!

Hahaha!

They no longer carry them. So, you are too late. ;)

AM

RATS!

OK I find you one....

How about: http://www.casitatra...m/showroom.html

The 14 =< really limts y'all options....

Yep there too!

However, we've decided I will pull it with my Jeep Liberty and small is good. Besides, how much time do folks spend in a trailer...at an annual match? That is probably all it will be used for; shower, get dressed, sleep.

Regards,

AM

Allie, We've got a Jayco model 191 (2008 model year) that we bought used last year. We like it a bunch. I used it last year for our State Championship shoot and it was great for me. Wife hasn't tried using it yet, but we'll probably take a few short trips this fall.

Its bigger than you want, but I tow it with a 1/2 ton pickup with no problem. Whatever size or brand you get, get yourself a weight distributing hitch, electric brakes and an anti-sway bar for the hitch and you'll be all set.

Miss Allie,

Have you and hubby looked a Crazy Ape .Com website ?

They have the whole package for sale sometimes. (Pick-em up / trailer .)

Archived