SASS Wire Forum

TTN Shotgun Hammers

William T. L'Argent

My TTN shotgun hammers have cratered and am starting to get light hits on one barrel (the one with the deepest crater). Are there after-market replacements that are of a harder steel, and, if so, where can I find them? I know I can likely get replacements from Cimarron but would really like a harder hammer. While I'm at it, I think I might like to get some harder firing pins, kinda like LongHunter sells for the Stoeger. Any recommendations? BTW, my TTN is an early model, circa 2005; I know the firing pin bushings have changed since then but don't know about the pins themselves or the hammers.

Thanks, Pards.

My TTN shotgun hammers have cratered and am starting to get light hits on one barrel (the one with the deepest crater). Are there after-market replacements that are of a harder steel, and, if so, where can I find them? I know I can likely get replacements from Cimarron but would really like a harder hammer. While I'm at it, I think I might like to get some harder firing pins, kinda like LongHunter sells for the Stoeger. Any recommendations? BTW, my TTN is an early model, circa 2005; I know the firing pin bushings have changed since then but don't know about the pins themselves or the hammers.

Thanks, Pards.

Thanks for starting this thread. I've noted the same dimples on mine and was thinking about getting a set and trying some surface hardening myself (Kasenit). With my luck it will start peening the firing pins and they'll have to be replaced also (for every action there's a reaction).

my Coach Gun is a Norinco, and it was getting light hits, but it wasn't the hammers, it was the crossbar safety. a buddy polished the holes in it, because we found the casting flash in the holes was slowing the left pin down, even with the safety in the ''off'' position...works fine, now.

Archived