SASS Wire Forum

Who's coming to the Nebraska State Shoot

If you are, get your reservations now. The State Fair is the same weekend, and rooms go very fast.

The entry deadline is also Aug. 1, so get them in to us as well, ASAP.

Also, if you are a vendor, and are coming through, feel free to give us a holler. We can most likely make room for you.

Thanks, and hope to see you in Grand Island.

PVG email

DM

We'd LIKE to. Did the club make any deals with local motels for a reduced rate? When we tried to get a room last year at the motel we used to stay at, they wanted like $160 or $170 a night. Way out of our price range. If there's no affordable rooms, who can go?

Rooms have been blocked off at the Midtown Holiday Inn under Platte Valley Gunslingers (phone: 800.548.5542). Reservations would need to be made by Aug 15.

I hope you can make it!

DM

Bump....

Check for rooms in Hastings or Kearney.

Rodeway Inn in Hastings is listed at 54.99/tax to start.

Motel 6 in Kearney 49.99/tax to start.

Hastings is 25 miles or so from the range, Kearney is 35 miles from the range.

DM

Hmmmm. 25 or 35 miles away is quite a ways from the range IMO. When we attended the match at Flatwater we were only about 5 minutes(or less!)from the range. But, it could be doable.

Thanks for the info in any case. We'll just have to see how things work out. Part of it is that we spent WAY too much money going to EOT on our vacation. Also, we'll have to see how taking nearly another week off would sit with our family at work. (I have family to visit in Nebraska as well as shooting-it's the only way I can justify the trip)

:FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

Pards:

This'll be a great shoot!

I can't be there, but I reckon Winchester Wade and Amy Oakley will make it.

Mustang Gregg

TTS,

With the State Fair now being in Grand Island, there are lots of new businesses and motels. They also have upped the prices accordingly, especially on a busy weekend. It seems we are going to either burn gas to drive for cheaper, or burn cash to stay closer.

Hope to see you here!

MG,

I do wish you could make it. Are you "there" yet? We will be looking forward to shooting with Winchester Wades and Amy Oakley!

DM

I'd suggest moving the date to Memorial Day weekend, or any other date, with gas prices just getting to a match is a major expense, driving additional miles because of once a year major event that has moved to Grand Island (the State Fair) just doesn't make sense, and will in the long run cost you entries...

Dalton:

Nope, not just yet.

Awaiting transportation.

MG

I couldn't resist tagging in on this post... No, I won't be attending the Nebraska State shoot, however, I sure as hell would if I still lived there. Born and raised in Adams. Moved to Lincoln in the 60's and then spent the remainder of life in parts east. Been in Muncie, Indiana for the past 21 years, but still own a very small farm outside of Adams. Haven't been back since parents passed away. So, what the heck is this about the State Fair moving to Grand Island? Whew! Things sure do change.

FLAT WATER BOB.

Yup, Bob.

The NE State fair's at GRI for the second year now.

The State fair park in LNK is gonna be UNL campus. :unsure:

There's been a whole lotta debate over the change, let me tell you!

I sure hope that UNL don't tear down our Nebraska State Arsenal (NE Nat'l Guard Museum).

I've put a lot of sweat & $ into keeping it up and nice. And a lot of other folks have too.

MG

Flatwater Bob,

If you do make it this way, be sure to come see us!

MG,

Are you guys taking them funny looking birds over there, or the more modern ones named after Rugers?

DM

Dalton & Freeda:

Funny looking birds? You mean our noisy shithooks? :excl:

And nope on the Rugers...We got FN-built M-4's & M-240's, Colt-built M-16A2's and Beretta-built M-9's.

Have a fine shoot, Pard,

Mustang

I got a SASS flag from HQ the other day.

Johnny Nickel and I are gonna get our picture with it in front of one of our Chinooks and email it back.

MG

Archived