SASS Wire Forum

Easy chamber Cleaning for most any gun

Bore snakes are good, I have about 6 of them hanging on the wall collecting dust.

The fast spinning of the drill really cleans good and concentrates the solvent in one area. The bore snakes are good for what they are designed to do, clean the bore.

Now if your gun really has a dirty mouth put some polish on that swab followed with a couple of dry ones and you will have a very smooth chamber. I am not trying to change anyones methods, just sharing what I have found to be simple, handy and effective.

Dallas

Where did you get those swabs, looks like a good idea, especially how the swab bends but still allows the drill to do it's job? Does it clean out the area where an extractor fits into the chamber also?

Forgot to answer about the extractor area. It has always cleaned mine. They seem to conform to whatever shape is needed. That is why it works great in my 38 spec AWA and my 357 73. Swab starts out larger than 45 colt.

With the shorter fat swab one could really get a concentration into revolver chambers also. Also seems like I remember someone selling a six chamber revolver cylinder tool. The thing allowed use of six brushes or swabs at one time. HMMM perhaps Dixie Gun Works??

Where did you get those swabs, looks like a good idea, especially how the swab bends but still allows the drill to do it's job? Does it clean out the area where an extractor fits into the chamber also?

Proctologists used to use those for clearing the field during rigid sigmoidoscopy. Interesting adaption....(NO, they do not use bore snakes now). :o

Archived