SASS Wire Forum

SPECIAL GRUMPY LUNCH BUNCH EVENT and AUTRY WESTERN MUSEUM TOUR

Cora and I had fun.

I don't believe you were ditched. I think Glittery was fascinated with the Michael Jackson & George Hamilton exhibits of wester wear!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like Jackson's stainless steel "armadillo" boots...? :huh:

Actually, I think they were more like "booties..." :rolleyes:

It was fun and I got to meet Hardpan & Helen Brimstone. I also got to meet Curley Cole in person, although we had exchanged a number of PMs and talked on the phone. I think there a total of 19 ne'r do wells that showed up and a couple of them were snapping lots of pictures. Hopefully some will show up soon.

I think Glittery is still there in the Western Movie section......... there was just so much for a B-Western fan to love! You know if he stands real still at closing time he will look like one of the great displays! :lol:

Besides me and the Boss, we had Curly and Phyllis, Old Top, Rowdy and Donna and their daughter Karin an two young'uns, Hardpan and Helen, Jittery J. Jim, Jess Pepper, Deja somebody or another, Lefty (who organized all this), All Hat, Ethan and Cora, and...and...and...I know I missed somebody. I apologize and please let me know who it was.

We had three last minute cancellations and one mystery no-show.

Good day until we tried to get home past the semi / tour-bus crash.

Next big event is on September 10th...A FRIDAY...at Tom and Sandy Muley's place in Phelan. This is an all day, bring a dish, wear comfy clothes, all day event so you can shoot and come up later.

DETAILS WILL BE COMING FORTHWITH. (Maybe even fifth or sixth with if necessary.)

Plan NOW on being thereTHEN!!!!!!!

Cora and I had fun.

I don't believe you were ditched. I think Glittery was fascinated with the Michael Jackson & George Hamilton exhibits of wester wear!

It was impossible to get that man to move on from that exhibit.. lol.. A one point Peppers and I both had to sit on him to get him to stop grappipng at the Gold Colored Blade costume... lol... It was fun!! And Cora is a sweety..

I found 'im~!! :lol:

Permanent "B" Western Display

Rotfl... he looks scared.. lol I think that horse was too wild for him....

Besides me and the Boss, we had Curly and Phyllis, Old Top, Rowdy and Donna and their daughter Karin an two young'uns, Hardpan and Helen, Jittery J. Jim, Jess Pepper, Deva somebody or another, Lefty (who organized all this), All Hat, Ethan and Cora, and...and...and...I know I missed somebody. I apologize and please let me know who it was.

We had three last minute cancellations and one mystery no-show.

Good day until we tried to get home past the semi / tour-bus crash.

Next big event is on September 10th...A FRIDAY...at Tom and Sandy Muley's place in Phelan. This is an all day, bring a dish, wear comfy clothes, all day event so you can shoot and come up later.

DETAILS WILL BE COMING FORTHWITH. (Maybe even fifth or sixth with if necessary.)

Plan NOW on being thereTHEN!!!!!!!

I didn't meet any Deva... darn you .... is this a new secret friend in your head? lol

Grumpy Lunchers

Howdy gang,

Ya all missed the stuff. I posted pix and links on the Wire this afternoon. I have a bunch of pix on my webpage:

check em out...I even put some on to FaceBook.

we had a blast, even for the traffic. I didn't know there was stuff to see "out back"

lookin foward to the next event.

curley

Grumpy Lunchers

Howdy gang,

Ya all missed the stuff. I posted pix and links on the Wire this afternoon. I have a bunch of pix on my webpage:

http://sdough.smugmug.com

check em out...I even put some on to FaceBook.

we had a blast, even for the traffic. I didn't know there was stuff to see "out back"

lookin foward to the next event.

curley

You are a crazy man with that camera.. lol.... Great photos.. I am so sorry you missed the shot of Hardpans and JJJ's on the horse.. I think we needed to put another quarter in and give them the ride of their lives.. lol

Well I didn't want to be seen with you'all when ya throwed that little girl offn the horse to get on it. And by the time I got up thru the crowd, well, you kids were all done and moven on to somethin else.

had a blast even if it did take me til 630 to get home...

must do it again...(or go to another museum.. (even tho not cowboy the NHRA museum and the Peterson Auto museum comes to mind.

and then of course there are the Zoos, and the aquarium and the little town museums like in Upland...oh so much to do and see and so little time...

see ya again soon Miz V

curley

Well I didn't want to be seen with you'all when ya throwed that little girl offn the horse to get on it. And by the time I got up thru the crowd, well, you kids were all done and moven on to somethin else.

must do it again...(or go to another museum.. (even tho not cowboy the NHRA museum and the Peterson Auto museum comes to mind.

and then of course there are the Zoos, and the aquarium and the little town museums like in Upland...oh so much to do and see and so little time...

see ya again soon Miz V

curley

Let's get a discussion going on other places to visit. I can vouch for Peterson car museum.

Can't recommend the San Brdo county museum...to disorganized and not very interesting.

There are a couple of railroad museums in the area that are interesting if you like big machinery.

Planes of Fame and Yanks are both at Chino airport.

Give me some more suggestions.

You are a crazy man with that camera.. lol.... Great photos.. I am so sorry you missed the shot of Hardpans and JJJ's on the horse.. I think we needed to put another quarter in and give them the ride of their lives.. lol

Awrighty, Deja... just to be fair:

Hardpan - Ridin' the Range (back burner!)

Honestly, though, Triple J do cut a better figure in the saddle!

At least my bleu busted foot "boot" (adorned with spur!) was on the off side... :rolleyes:

Lucky Ms Brimstone - my phone camera runnin' outta memory just as it was HER turn... :P

Let's get a discussion going on other places to visit. I can vouch for Peterson car museum.

Can't recommend the San Brdo county museum...to disorganized and not very interesting.

There are a couple of railroad museums in the area that are interesting if you like big machinery.

Planes of Fame and Yanks are both at Chino airport.

Give me some more suggestions.

Some things you might consider are the Getty Center, Norton Simon Museum, Museum of Natural History, Ronald Reagan Library, Nixon Library, and there are a bunch of botanical gardens. One other would be Calico Ghost Town.

Some things you might consider are the Getty Center, Norton Simon Museum, Museum of Natural History, Ronald Reagan Library, Nixon Library, and there are a bunch of botanical gardens. One other would be Calico Ghost Town.

Now... would that be where the gingham dog and the calico cat had their most terrible and fearsome spat...? :rolleyes:

(This may be a bit obscure for most folks...!) ;)

Okay, here are the rules:

1. An eating place with room for 20-25 people, good food, reasonable prices, good selection, low noise, easy to get to, good parking, good service, and INDIVIDUAL CHECKS..

2. A activity close to #1 that has reasonable prices,something most folks would like to see, reasonable prices, easy to get to, good parking, easy to get around in, and INDIVIDUAL TICKETS.

3. Somebody needs make sure of all of this and guarantee it beforehand. I'll check it out personally if I can, but may have to rely on others.

4. Finally, I'm not looking for lists. I'm looking for recommendations and details based on personal experience.

In all honesty, I'm not really in favor of doing a lot of these. They get too complicated and tend to get away from the GLB idea, which is to have fun, eat with friends, and keep it inexpensive and simple.

Maybe a couple of times a year.

Look for SATURDAY, September 10th in Phelan.

Thanks.

see ya again soon Miz V

curley

Mr.. cole her quarter was up.. and she would not leave.. we had no options.. lol... I did gold pan and found my usual.. fools gold.. where were you when I needed you? lol

Awrighty, Deja... just to be fair:

Hardpan - Ridin' the Range (back burner!)

Honestly, though, Triple J do cut a better figure in the saddle!

At least my bleu busted foot "boot" (adorned with spur!) was on the off side... :rolleyes:

Lucky Ms Brimstone - my phone camera runnin' outta memory just as it was HER turn... :P

Yes.. JJJ's does have a "figure" and a great style.. I am a minion on training with him..lol.. Just learning how to be cool.. coming from the most geeky and uncool stock you could ever imagine.. lol... Nice photos by the way you boots.. lol.. they did not match..

I like Calico.. course taht would be because Pauline Cushman once was in that town, and he photos use to hang on the wall.. she was so pretty.. I wanted to be just like here.. alas... but I did learn to ride as well at least.. And I am working on the shooting part this year.. yikes I am going to focus..

I sounded a little pissy in that last one, so I'll apologize.

Better yet, I went back and edited it.

Forties.. darn you... stop changing you.. lol.. I love ya just the way you are.. heck you accept odd in me and I accept pissy in you, crazy in JJJ's and better at gold hunting in Curlys.. lol

Forties.. darn you... stop changing you.. lol.. I love ya just the way you are.. heck you accept odd in me and I accept pissy in you, crazy in JJJ's and better at gold hunting in Curlys.. lol

Deja, I don't think you're odd. I think you have a very strong need to connect with people and you're very social. You seem to mean very well to people, and that's nice. Not odd.

Deja, I don't think you're odd. I think you have a very strong need to connect with people and you're very social. You seem to mean very well to people, and that's nice. Not odd.

AJ.. I love people.. and I never mean to hurt anyone but at times I am taken wrong.. or taken as meaning more than I do in my posts.. sol I am a bit odd ... but I guess we are all different or odd in some way or the other.. lol... I am social.. because I feel like I have so little time and so many people to get to know.. so much to learn, the world is so big.. AJ.. you are the best.. I love having you on SASS.. hugs to ya.. Deja

No, Jen, she really IS odd! :lol:

Fortys.. you are close enought to hit with my water gun.. lol

Actually... I thought she was kinda quiet! :rolleyes:

Sweet disposition, though. And THAT might qualify as odd with this bunch~! ^_^

Pan, with your hearing all shot like it is everyone is quiet. :P

Thass me... deaf as a post and twice as homely~! ^_^

Actually... I thought she was kinda quiet! :rolleyes:

Sweet disposition, though. And THAT might qualify as odd with this bunch~! ^_^

Yes.. JJJ's will tell you I am quiet... Being the youngest I was over ridden by 6 brothes and sisters.. so I could talk little.. so I made up for it with practical jokes..you did check you wallet right? lol.. Hey.. God panning was cool, huh?

Yup... Panning is always cool!

'Bout seven years ago I met some folks prospecting up on the Klamath. One fella had an acre or two on the hillside above the river, and on a whim one day decided to haul some water up the hill and try panning. Mind you, this was just property he'd bought years before as a "summer get-a-way" place.

Welllll.... he was VERY surprised. When we met him a year or so after his first test pan he was harvesting several ounces a week. He'd even set up a small smelter and was casting buttons and mini-ingots... not bad for a hobby started on a whim! :huh:

So Deja... did you find some color in your pan...? :)

Yup... Panning is always cool!

'Bout seven years ago I met some folks prospecting up on the Klamath. One fella had an acre or two on the hillside above the river, and on a whim one day decided to haul some water up the hill and try panning. Mind you, this was just property he'd bought years before as a "summer get-a-way" place.

Welllll.... he was VERY surprised. When we met him a year or so after his first test pan he was harvesting several ounces a week. He'd even set up a small smelter and was casting buttons and mini-ingots... not bad for a hobby started on a whim! :huh:

So Deja... did you find some color in your pan...? :)

Funny you would ask.. yes I did.. Years ago I use to go out panning and hunting ghosts towns and mines with my brother. I was the only one who would ride with him in his 4 x 4 once he had his quota of booze. lol.. But then I am use to him.. Anyhow.. we did pan, and we did look for silver or gold veins in the shafts and mines in AZ.. I was asked once if I had found color.. And yes, I had. I found the color of fun in my life and nothing else mattered to me.. lol.. Sort of like meething you and Helen.. I found color, the color is gold because you two are so nice.. And that is how I see life.. Someone at an early age gave me rose colored glasses.. and I have worn them ever since.. lol.. You can pan, or sluish, or blast and find minerals.. most mines have more than one ... but most mines also are placered or someone has a claim there.. A good friend of mine in AZ was shot at about 40 years ago and his wife too over a claim.. Heck they just were looking for stray cattle.. lol.. course the guy with the claim was drunk.. lol.. He probably watched too many westerns is my guess..

Hmm so maybe metal detectors.. or something like that will fill out the future our Mr Hardpans and Miz Brimstone.. lol

Archived