SASS Wire Forum

SPECIAL GRUMPY LUNCH BUNCH EVENT and AUTRY WESTERN MUSEUM TOUR

Tom Taylor <gun.slick@juno.com

Shaker's Restaurant in Glendale

11:00 AM, Thursday, July 28th

We'll eat first and go from there to the museum. I'll post the address soon.

CONTACT ME FOR MORE INFORMATION.

Okay, children, here's a heads-up for a one-of-a-kind event. You have just over

THREE WEEKS to plan for this, get time off or notes from your doctor, figure out what to

wear, shine your shoes and/or boots, fill the tank and get money from the ATM, or

whatever else you need to do.

I can't say if we'll ever do this again, but it may become an annual event...or be the

first of many annual events. It depends on what kind of response we get.

Some of you will be two or more hours away by car. Not an excuse. Leave early.

Some of you still have to work for a living. Not an excuse. Plan ahead and get the time

off.

Some of you might be short of cash. Not an excuse. Borrow from a friend or sell an

organ.

Some of you may be too lazy to make the effort. Not an excuse. Suck it and show up.

School's out so bring the family. Bring neighbors and friends. Pass the word to anyone

you think might be interested.

I'd like to have a rough count of who is coming by the 25th of July. Don't let us down

on this one, folks. You'll have a ball. Jittery Jim can have a whole sash full of them.

Tom "Forty Rod" Taylor

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tom Taylor <gun.slick@juno.com

Shaker's Restaurant in Glendale

11:00 AM, Thursday, July 28th

Tom "Forty Rod" Taylor

Do you realize Mr. 40 that day happens to be the anniversary of Uno Mas's birth???? We would love to come, unfortunately, the slave drivers that we wo*k for won't let us get away. We will certainly have to try to make it next time.

O.K. I am IN!!

The day before 'Legends' at Cajon...

I got the week off,

And it looks like 'Jes' Pepper will be along as well...

Waiting ta see if Deja Vous will be able ta get the day off as well...

Should be a grand day,

JJJ-D

:ph34r: :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...

1:00 PM We'll cut lunch short if necessary to make it on time. You'll be there?

So I looked at the schedule again this week.. and I am thinking I feel a flu coming on about 9 am.. lol put me down..

Wouldn't you know it, I'm in Colorado. Well, I hope to see y'all at The Cowboys in August.

Roy

Wouldn't you know it, I'm in Colorado. Well, I hope to see y'all at The Cowboys in August.

Roy

Hey Roy; Ya got the hiccups????? Just sayin'

Big Jake

Howdy Big Jake,

How could you tell? Nothin' a sip o witske couldn't cure.

Roy

Dammit, why couldn't you plan this for Friday. The BIG BIG BOSS is in from Dearborn that week, he leaves Friday morning at 6:00. I coulda dropped him off at LAX, made my way over to the meetin place. He woulda never knowd I was palnnin on playin hookey for the day. I coulda even hidden my cowboy clothes in the trunk. :angry:

Okay, time's running out. Less than a week and I'm going to be needing some numbers to tell the restaurant and the museum what to expect.

So far I have 13 pretty much for sure and 2 more possibles. 1 more will join us at the Autry, but won't eat with us.

Let me know. There's still room and time to get in on the greatest event since the berlin wall fell.

If I had one wish for this year it would be to attend this event. Unfortunately Guns of August is coming up fast and Thye really like me making their stuff. You all have fun.

Russ

Got another fun event coming up on September 10th, a Saturday. You can make that one, and it'll get you out of the weather there.....and into the weather here. It's going to be at Tom Muley's and he's making his solar-system famous peach cobbler.

A minor glitch:

I called the restaurant for Thursday and found out we'll have to keep track of our

own tabs. They WON'T give us individual checks. If I had found that out earlier I would

have found a different place to eat.

Next time someone remember to check or remind me to check.

Thanks.

A minor glitch:

I called the restaurant for Thursday and found out we'll have to keep track of our

own tabs. They WON'T give us individual checks. If I had found that out earlier I would

have found a different place to eat.

Next time someone remember to check or remind me to check.

Thanks.

No big deal... I don't eat a lot.. and I pay for my own and the tip.. I am sure no one minds...

Problem is that sometimes we end up short and someone has to make it up out of their own pocket. Makes for hard feelings and crappy tips.

I try very hard to avoid the issue by making sure in advance that we can get individual checks.

I'd be mighty put out if the GLB broke up over something like this, or even if one person fell out because of it.

About this time tomorrow we'll be sitting down...and you won't. :P

Yes I will!

Ah.. and what a day it was.... We had so much fun.. even if Fortys did ditch us at the museum.. lol... It was so cool in t he truth.. fortys you do know how to put on a party.. Somewhere there is a photos of JJJ's on a horse ... loll... Peppers has it I will see if we can get a copy of it...

The food was great, the day was great.. and the ride home was a hoot. Everyone needs to buy a vanity license plate... lol... While I didn't get a lot of time to talk to everyone I did see EVERYTHING they had behind glass... gosh it was so cool.. and I even gold panned out in back.. we needed Curley my pan jiggle technique is in bad form.. Oh, I tried my very first IN and OUT burger on the way home... I am still slobbering on myself.. lol... I wish everyone would have made it... Deja

Archived