SASS Wire Forum

Railhead 2011

Jackrabbit Joe #414

Howdy Partners:

Railhead 2011 is over and want to say thank you for being there and hope to see you at Railhead 2012.

Any feed back is welcome so send it jgp3749@cox.net

Jackrabbit and Sly Puppy

Wow- this was our first time and what a great shoot!

Great stages and target placement. We met a lot of great Arizona friends again.

We also had great cool weather and a little rain. This sure made my guns easier to clean when I got home to the Las Vegas area.

We met many great black powder shooters and had the bays echoing thunder.

We will be back again and keep making more smoke dammit!

Box Herder & German Rose Bud

PS- I forgot to thank all the Young Marines of the Marine Corps League- they were a great help!

Thanks to all who worked so hard to make the match a success.

I didn't want to leave Williams for lower climbs. It was cool and damp there this morning. It felt wonderful. And, BH is right, the shotgun came clean easier than at any time in the past. That humidity is magic for black powder.

Thanks again to all who made the match a success.

A.W.

Well pilgrim I just conversed with Sly Puppy and she is working on getting it done. She spent the day with me at the Emergency room.

Yeeeeeh, Haaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Hang in there folks.

This was a great shoot that I will remember for a long time. This was the first time I shot Railhead since 99 and it was very special to make it back to the home territory and see folks I hadn't in a long time. I also met a mess of new friends I hope to cross paths again. Most importantly I got to shoot with my dear uncle Malpais Mike. A country sized thank you to all the folks that made Railhead happen.

The shoot was fun, the weather was nice and the people were great. I even avoided a few speeding tickets going up and back. Ask Amy about the close call in Mesa! Ha!

Ok folks: Sly Puppy just finished up with the scores and sent off to the Web Master. Hang in there a little while but,He Works Fast!

Great Shoot (again). Thanks to all for putting Railhead 2011 in the list of great places to have been. Jackrabbit, I hope get better soon pard.

Joe, I hope they get you breathing better quick! You sounded rough!

Thanks again all for the fun shoot! You KNOW I'll be back next year! :D

Well, I drug my feet until 7:30 pm before I headed home...got to play in the rain a bit...but it was sure tough waking up and going to back to reality this morning.

So glad your ok Nellie, you gave us all a real scare. See you in Nevada end of sept unless we see you at the Verde Valley shoot in mid sept.

I had a wonderful time with great friends, good stages, good vendors! Thanks to all who worked so hard, it showed.

I especially appreciate all the folks who gave me rides to the range - Nine Toe Joe and Daisy Jane, Fixer and Betty, and Donna and The Blue Ridge Ranger. And I want to thank all the folks who entered the costume contest, you were all good sports and made our job easy. Nellie Blue, you were such a great fellow judge. Can't wait for next year!

Couple of questions:

1. Can anybody share the web address of the photographer that worked the match?

2. Can someone confirm the web address for the scores?

Thank you

Hi August!

Here is the website for the photographer: www.shutttterbug.instaproofs.com

See ya this weekend! :)

Lola Jane

well, fer starters, i was told at 6am this morning that the scores are on the SASS website but i sure cant find them. can you help?

CC

Scores are posted now.

You crushed me! I want a re-match! :-)

BTW, my score is wrong. It's really 303.16. They missed my 10 second bonus on stage 8 when they entered the scores in the computer.

Scores are posted now.

You crushed me! I want a re-match! :-)

BTW, my score is wrong. It's really 303.16. They missed my 10 second bonus on stage 8 when they entered the scores in the computer.

i dont remember you hitting that bonus :o:D

i dont know about crushed, we both had some stinkers but i'll give ya that rematch in bordertown unless you cant wait then feel free to come play on my side of the river!

CC

PS did the pic go through? it showed a failure so i tried again later that day.

Couple of questions:

1. Can anybody share the web address of the photographer that worked the match?

2. Can someone confirm the web address for the scores?

Thank you

Here they are as links...

Railhead website

Photographer's website

You? Reality? Yeah right. :lol:

I really "tried" to ignore you...but I couldn't!!! .... I can say nanny nanny boo boo...I got to shoot Railhead....how about you!!! LOL How is your shoulder doing? You going to be ready by the NV State Championship?

Archived