SASS Wire Forum

SAA grips for sale

I bought a nice set of checkered faux ivory grips supposedly for an 1860 Army but they are way too short. They are also too narrow to fit a Uberti SAA clone. They are really nice one piece style and look like the ones i have from Tombstone grips. I would gladly send a pic if you send an email.

I'd take $25.00 shipped if anyone could use them. If anyone has a set of faux ivories for an 1860 Army, i would gladly trade or buy them if reasonably priced.

Thanks

Mingo

How come Colt 1873 pistols are called SAA's(Single Action Army) when they have navy size grips? Something to ponder. I could use a set for a Pietta 1851 myself. I do have a one piece wooden set for an 1860, still need to be finished and fit if you need some.

Have plenty of wooden grips. If you want to try them, pm me your address again and I'll send them your way to see if they fit. If so, you can pay then or return them if not.

Later

Mingo

If they came off a brass framed gun I would be interested, all the brass framed guns seem to run larger.

They were advertised as for an 1860 Army, but are way too short. Tried them on a steel grip-framed Uberti and they were too narrow to fit. I also tried them on a brass grip-frame Uberti .22 and they were even too narrow for it.

By too narrow, when looking at the grip from the side, a good 1/8 inch of the side of the grip-frame is still visible around the sides of the grip panel. Hope that helps.

Mingo

Archived