SASS Wire Forum

Food Network

Subdeacon Joe

I was watching Next Food Network Star last night and got really, really, reeeeeaaally irked.

One of the contestants tied an American flag around his neck like a cape or shawl for his on camera bit. No one on the Food Network staff did anything to stop him.

Can I get some assistance in flooding Food Network with comments of polite outrage about this? Here is a link to the contact page:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/contact-us/package/index.html

The more I think about this the angrier I get.

I suppose you could make an argument that anything with red and white stripes or anything with white stars on a blue background is an American flag, but I wouldn't buy it.

Once upon a time however I did write to R. Lee Ermey about the fact that his website was selling rat-rugs (mousepads) with an American flag image on it, which to me is as offensive as using the image on a carpet.

If it is an actual flag that is misused...yes it may be offensive. If it is an image, picture, or some sort of artistic interpretation put on clothing or other items ts simply Americana...that's not only ok, but should be promoted.

GG

no gunner it was the flag I seen the show Joe is talking about pissed me off too

no gunner it was the flag I seen the show Joe is talking about pissed me off too

Yep...the way it was bunched was a tip off, so was the grommet. I looked closely at it and tried to write it off as some sort of allowable bunting or flag inspired design.

Doesn't do folks much good without the specific show name and time slot. ^_^

Next Food Network Star is the name of the show. Aired yesterday, Sunday 3 July. 9 p.m. Contestant was Jeff Mauro.

Doesn't do folks much good without the specific show name and time slot. ^_^

there will be reruns of it Okie that is one of those show my wife watches so I wind up watching also

Done and did.

+1

Any waering of the flag is a disrespect and disgrace to me. :FlagAm: :FlagAm:

Archived