SASS Wire Forum

Grilling and BBQing

Well, Wildcat is on call the Fourth of July weekend, but we're not letting that slow us down. We had grilled burgers, potato salad, and baked beans last night. We had pulled pork and potato salad today. Tonight I got the dry rub on the brisket, and got the pork ribs rubbed with my secret BBQ sauce, ready for the smoker tomorrow. Time for a glass of wine. :-) Happy Fourth everyone.

Lawdy Okie, Y'all sure are doing it up right !!

Y'all have a good 4th of July and join me in remembering that freedom aint free.

God Bless our troops !!!! :FlagAm:

Was all ready to break in a new grill but the 104 degree temp and no wind sorta erased anyones desire for bbq...especially me. Hope the weather is kinder to all of you.

We did get the traditional homemade peach ice cream so all was not lost.

I'll try to stay away from the pit full of pork and beer tent at the Dove Creek Pick 'N Hoe festival tomorrow so I'll have room for grilled meats when I get home.

I'll publish some pics of the parade. :lol::FlagAm:

We had a family gathering yesterday, two today, tomorrow I'm just staying HOME. Been on the go since early Friday morning, I'm ready to rest.

If I get really wild, I might go see if the grocery has any brats and buns left and torch them up.

Wife got us two big juicy porterhouse beef steaks for me to grill today. She'll bake a couple of potatoes, cook some mushrooms in Dale's sauce, fix a green vegetable. It's going to be a layed back Independence Day of us. It is a truly a blessing to live in this great country.

God bless America!

Birdgun Quail

P.S. At North Alabama Regulators yesterday, I shot a clean match!

30 folks at the summer cottage on the Cape yesterday for our July 4th barbecue; country style ribs, chicken, kielbasa, and venison on the charcoal grille; au gratin potatoes, salads, breads, and appetizers; finger desserts and watermelon for the finish.

Thank you, New Hampshire, for still being a free state, and allowing us deprived Bay Staters to cross the border and buy fireworks, which are illegal in the Cradle of Liberty. Had us a dandy show, with 200' rockets and mortars over the water.

Sang songs with a guitarist until 1:00 this morning; we may not always be on key, but we are strong of voice.

Cleaning up this morning; once the last of the overnight guests are gone, I'll push the trimaran in the water off the beach, and sail toward the Vineyard. No stress day to start the week's vacation.

LL

Was all ready to break in a new grill but the 104 degree temp and no wind sorta erased anyones desire for bbq...especially me. Hope the weather is kinder to all of you.

We did get the traditional homemade peach ice cream so all was not lost.

Man, that sounds GOOD! May have to break out the dutch oven and cook a cobbler. YUM!

JHC :FlagAm:

30 folks at the summer cottage on the Cape yesterday for our July 4th barbecue; country style ribs, chicken, kielbasa, and venison on the charcoal grille; au gratin potatoes, salads, breads, and appetizers; finger desserts and watermelon for the finish.

Thank you, New Hampshire, for still being a free state, and allowing us deprived Bay Staters to cross the border and buy fireworks, which are illegal in the Cradle of Liberty. Had us a dandy show, with 200' rockets and mortars over the water.

Sang songs with a guitarist until 1:00 this morning; we may not always be on key, but we are strong of voice.

Cleaning up this morning; once the last of the overnight guests are gone, I'll push the trimaran in the water off the beach, and sail toward the Vineyard. No stress day to start the week's vacation.

LL

Fireworks sales are banned in our whole area, most fireworks displays cancelled due to the drought. :angry: Must say I agree with the decision with all the wildfires we've had this year. Thank God they're all out for the most part (for now) A tip of the hat and a lift of the glass to all the firefighters. Hope you all get the 4th off!

JHC :FlagAm:

I'm setting in the salt mines for one good customer that has a Monday job.

New decoration on the front of my building.

It says "FOR SALE".

Wish me luck.

Having babecue at the Cougar Mountain Bible camp this afternoon. Bunch of Christian bikers are camped out. Afterward, we are heading over to their gravel pit to shoot everything we could bring. What a hoot it is!

Happy 235th birthday beloved USA!

In our neighborhood, the fireworks started a couple of nights ago, and will reach its crescendo tonight I am sure. I just got done rubbing the ribs with a mixture of brown sugar, paprika, and garlic powder and will put them on the grill about 3 PM, for a long smoke over a fire of charcoal and pecan wood chunks. Three hours should just about do it, and will give me time for a few drinks and to catch up on reading the huntin' and fishin' and gun rags and the CC. Ya'll have a safe and happy 4th, y'hear?

Well the ball park hot dogs have been marinating all night in Jack Daniels so now they are ready for the grill. Quick run to the safeway and get some buns, pork rinds, more sody pop, and some doggie treats for Captain Jack. Oh yeah, some more ice cream and cookies. :lol:

I think I am going to go keep Peabody company! He got sprung from the hospital so I kin pester him all I want now!

Glad to see you sprung him from the jail. ;)

I have the brisket and pork ribs smoking away. I wish I could send a plate to Oscar via email. Wildcat even bought fresh peaches and is making a peach cobbler. :wub:

Okie... you know I'm the official taste tester for all of your brisket and ribs... Now you need to fax me some so I can give them my stamp of approval...!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Vaya con Dios

Just finished, Dogs, burgers, tater salad, baked Vidalias and Dos Equis! :FlagAm:

I am stuffed!! :lol:

When in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for a people to grill................I'm first in line. ;)

yesterday, I went over to my Korean War Vet parents 81 & 82 ...just the 3 of us every Sunday. Dad cooked steak on the bbq and I brought dessert. I was born in Boston in an Army hospital so I feel red, white & blue today. It was my daughter's 30th b'day but she is buzy with her boyfriend. Don't hear from my sister much altho' we all live within listening and viewing distance of Disneyland fireworks, which were mighty tonight.

And CC I know you miss your son a whole bunch. You are blessed with a really neat family.

Happy Fourth and blessings on you and yours.

Willie

thanx and blessings to you, Willie XOXO

We had burgers and all the fixings on Sat. I volunteered on Sat. at the Vintage Flight Museum in Fort Worth. We had a B25, a C47, an SNJ, and "FIFI" (The only flying B29 in existence) on display. We sold rides on the B25, C47, and "FIFI". I spent about 9 hours over in the heat. They had yesterday for another day like Sunday. I stayed at home yesterday. I fixed Nachos and pepper poppers for the evening repast, served with plenty of Sangria.

Archived