SASS Wire Forum

:ph34r: Hoss-- a closer examination of your photos show a safety button on the left side of the receiver just in front of the hammer. I should have looked more closely.

Apparently what I'm thinking of is the 1894 Marlin, with the bolt I'm more familiar with.

False alarm on my part-- so sorry for the error. This is a great rifle and package and a terrific value; it's just not the model I need.

Someone wanting a .38-55 in the more modern style will get a super deal.....

Apologetically, Bad Bascomb :huh:

:ph34r: Hoss-- a closer examination of your photos show a safety button on the left side of the receiver just in front of the hammer. I should have looked more closely.

Apparently what I'm thinking of is the 1894 Marlin, with the bolt I'm more familiar with.

False alarm on my part-- so sorry for the error. This is a great rifle and package and a terrific value; it's just not the model I need.

Someone wanting a .38-55 in the more modern style will get a super deal.....

Apologetically, Bad Bascomb :huh:

No worries Bad. As I am sure you are aware the Marlin 1994 is only chambered in pistol cartridges. The 336/1895 is chambered in rifle cartridges such as the 38-55, 30-30, and the 45-70. As to the safety, it is in the same position, I believe, as the modern (past 10 or 20 years) made 1894. If you are looking for a long range lever rifle in 38-55 this is it.

I hope it is not to hot down there! I grew up about 60 miles from there in Boron!

Hoss

Archived