SASS Wire Forum

The Lakewood Marshals

Bull Skinner

Thanks boys and girls. Had a heck of a good time. Warthog posse was a blast, ain't seen that much Hell, Fire and Brimstone since I don't know when.

And good eats. Cowboy stew, home made ice cream and watermelon. Hard to beat that combination. Thanks Shell Stuffer for the ice cream and No Horse Hair for the melon. Man o' Man I pigged out and had two ice creams, UM, UM.

Once again Sargent Eli wrote some great stages which allow some thinkin' "outside the box" that make for challenging and mind teasing shooting sequences. Rock on Sarge.

Thanks Lakewood for a fantastic good time.

The Bullster

Lakewood Marshalls

I, too had a great time and kudos to all those who worked so hard to put on such a great match.

The shade, water, vittles and home made ice cream was very much appreciated and was plenteous supply for 54 shooters. It was hot and these all made it much more bearable.

I was able to shoot for the first time with some of our Indiana pards and had a great posse. I was able to squeeze off a few photos for you all to enjoy.

Not sure how to post these so here goes...

Sometimes its a hit, sometimes its a miss. I'll have to give this another shot. Let me get this sorted.....

OK, give it a try, I set it to public.

+1

Got 'em. Some real handsome fellers, especially the one in the the Chocolate " Boss O' The Plains" ;):lol:

It was a fine shoot and a very fine way to start out the Holiday weekend! The Lakewoods Marshals range gets ya out in the woods, little touch of nature with yer gunpowder. And I'm sure that by fall all the wildlife will start returning now that the Warthawgs have departed. Ther wuz a report turned into to Dept of Conservation concerning a mass whitetail migration crossing the LITTLE WABASH River midday on Saturday. And something about a few singed squirel butts being treated by local vets. A local cow quit giving milk and a Hamster had a heart attack......I really don't think we can be blamed for the Hamster.....

FRONTIER CARTRIDGE GUNFIGHTER IS COOL- You get a feeling of satisfaction when ya pull off a good stage. But it sure took a long time for that 35 grains of Goex to clear for the next shot back there in them still woods!

Between shooters I got to thinkin',...we had a great New Years Day shoot at Lakewoods, and now we've had a fine 4th of July weekend shoot also. THANKS TO THE PEOPLE THAT MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!!!

Archived