SASS Wire Forum

June Bugs

Ethan Cord

My wife hates them. Anyone else feel the same way?

My wife hates them. Anyone else feel the same way?

Well yeah.. the minute you try to open the door they are trying to fly in.. Oh, wait you said she hates them.. .never tried them with chocolate.. or anything like that.. lol

Wait, it's JULY....

They should be gone already,

JJJ-D

:ph34r: :ph34r:

Wait, it's JULY....

They should be gone already,

JJJ-D

:ph34r: :ph34r:

rotfl.. stop it.. you are making me laugh..

We used to catch them, make a thread leash for them and take them for walks.

We would also watch as they came in to land on the apricots and shoot them with out BB guns.

From a "101 uses for June bugs".

Now that you mention it, she loves chocolate! I'll have to catch a few and chocolate coat them so's you both can try them! Do you prefer Milk Chocolate, semi-sweet or dark? Perhaps I'll make up a crunch -a-licious sampler platter for you lovely ladies. She had me chasing them out of the laundry room! :lol:

Finally a task that is within my skill set!!

Well yeah.. the minute you try to open the door they are trying to fly in.. Oh, wait you said she hates them.. .never tried them with chocolate.. or anything like that.. lol

Now that you mention it, she loves chocolate! I'll have to catch a few and chocolate coat them so's you both can try them! Do you prefer Milk Chocolate, semi-sweet or dark? Perhaps I'll make up a crunch -a-licious sampler platter for you lovely ladies. She had me chasing them out of the laundry room! :lol:

Finally a task that is within my skill set!!

Dark the rest bore me.. lol.. But uh.. not so sure I want June bugs in my chocolate darn it.. lol.. Oh, gosh.. Laundry room means LINT too.. lol..

Hey sweetpea.. lol from JAJAWA.. meet my CA pals.. lol... Do you like Dark or milk chocolate on your bugs.. is the question of the day.. loll it is safe,.... Ethan is married and so darn much fun.. and JJJ's is my brother..

Whiskey, I have a similar book: 101 uses for dead cats!

For what it's worth, I find Whiskey goes with just about anything!

The Trail Boss in the Sky only gave me brothers. If I would have had a sister I could only hope for one as as spunky as you!! Consider yourself adopted by yet another brother from another mother.....

Ethan is married and so darn much fun.. and JJJ's is my brother..

The Trail Boss in the Sky only gave me brothers. If I would have had a sister I could only hope for one as as spunky as you!! Consider yourself adopted by yet another brother from another mother.....

I feel so blessed to have ya say that.. thanks.. 'The best part of being in the cowboys is that I get to have brothers and sisters who love the sport, and respect the lifesyle.. I tease and flirt a lot.. but the truth is I am just a sister to guys in SASS.. And I love it.. I am enjoying just having fun.. And you are fun Ethan.. But I will tell ya this,.. while you are fun.. if you need to play the dammit chip.. I will be there.. for you and your family.. ..DV..

They are attracted to light. When I had a swimming pool I found that leaving the pool light on at night would put a hug dent in the population. Of course cleaning the skimmer in the morning was a minor chore but after some of the jobs I had as a young'un it didn't bother me at all.

We had our big June Bug outbreak around these parts in May... And up on Lake Erie the May Flies were out in June... :unsure:

I sorta like the ol' critters, always brings back memories of summer as a kid. Don't know why they ain't July bugs, that's when they're always around. NOW DON'T GIT ME STARTED ON STINK BUGS!!!! :angry:

We used to catch them, make a thread leash for them and take them for walks.

We would also watch as they came in to land on the apricots and shoot them with out BB guns.

Yep, and fly them too.

Some people use the term June bugs to describe May beetles. June Bugs have iridescent green and bronze colorations and are quite large.

May beetles, a major pest of lawns in larval stage, are mostly brown and will congregrate by droves around porchlights and especially store/mall lights. Often creating a major stench due to rotting dead beetles.

Hey sweetpea.. lol from JAJAWA.. meet my CA pals.. lol... Do you like Dark or milk chocolate on your bugs.. is the question of the day.. loll it is safe,.... Ethan is married and so darn much fun.. and JJJ's is my brother..

Now I DO like fryed grasshoppers covered in milk chocolate !!!

Now as June Bugs go........dey hurt like he77 when dey hit ya doin' bout 90 mph on my Harley !!!!

Aint got no use fer da one in NASCAR at all !!!!!

:FlagAm:

We had our big June Bug outbreak around these parts in May... And up on Lake Erie the May Flies were out in June... :unsure:

Ya mean "midges"?? I live exactly 1 mile from Lake Erie and outside my house was filled with 'em little buggers. I had to keep my mouth shut and wave my hands like crazy to get to my garage! They don't bite they're just annoying and there's thousands of 'em. Thank God they're gone! Now we'll git mosquitos at night. Here comes the bug spray and such. :angry:

It still beats winter anytime though ^_^ Rye

Ya mean "midges"?? I live exactly 1 mile from Lake Erie and outside my house was filled with 'em little buggers. I had to keep my mouth shut and wave my hands like crazy to get to my garage! They don't bite they're just annoying and there's thousands of 'em. Thank God they're gone! Now we'll git mosquitos at night. Here comes the bug spray and such. :angry:

Some time last year in Wisconsin, dey had so many May Flies hatch at one time, dey showed up on radar !!!!

Aircaft had to be devurted.

May Flies, Midges, I just know at Cedar Point they were still around. Evidently we caught the tail end this year. In years past, I've been up there where they were as bad as you describe.

Rememer "Canadian Soldiers"?? Big wings and they stick on your house and trees. We used to burn 'em as kids! Saw a few this year for a day or two.:excl:

Yep, and fly them too.

Some people use the term June bugs to describe May beetles. June Bugs have iridescent green and bronze colorations and are quite large.

May beetles, a major pest of lawns in larval stage, are mostly brown and will congregrate by droves around porchlights and especially store/mall lights. Often creating a major stench due to rotting dead beetles.

Which is what I meant. But it would have looked strange if I had written "Take them for a fly."

And they LOVED apricots. Some years between them and the darned birds we barely got any for jam.

I've developed a like for June Bugs. They congregate on the window behind my chair in the evening, attracted to the light ya know.

Then about 1 AM, a big coon comes along and it sound like someone eating popcorn. He'll crunch on them for 30 minutes or so and move on until the next night.

Well I told my wife about the chocolate coating idea and she still wants no part of the rascals! Looks like your raccoon can have her share of the bugs.

I've developed a like for June Bugs. They congregate on the window behind my chair in the evening, attracted to the light ya know.

Then about 1 AM, a big coon comes along and it sound like someone eating popcorn. He'll crunch on them for 30 minutes or so and move on until the next night.

Just goes to prove that all God's creatures have a purpose, Noz.

Coons included. Besides they make beautiful music come from the coon hounds. :)

Badger, do you partake of the sport? A co-worker is very big into coon hunting. He likes to buy puppies, train them, then sell for a large profit. He's qualified for the nationals several time, but hasn't won it yet. I've gone a time or two, and it is enjoyable to listen to the dogs try to work out a trail.

Badger, do you partake of the sport? A co-worker is very big into coon hunting. He likes to buy puppies, train them, then sell for a large profit. He's qualified for the nationals several time, but hasn't won it yet. I've gone a time or two, and it is enjoyable to listen to the dogs try to work out a trail.

Ever hear dat joke called, "Da Coon dawg and da monkey" ?:unsure:

A young coon, cut into pieces and dropped into a crock pot with a healthy dose of barbeque sauce is excellent eating. I like mashed potatoes, cornbread and cold milk with mine.

Archived