SASS Wire Forum

Guess the ingredient.. lol

Deja Vous

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A heapin' helpin' of Purty Woman.....

Many years ago, in a discussion about grits, Flint Westwood mentioned that a pound of grits will make enough thinset to tile a bathroom floor. Cook the next batch a bit thinner and use it to grout the tile.

Actually, I like grits. Plain. I never saw the need to dress them up with all the stuff other folks put on them. But then, I never saw the need to ruin pefectly good ice tea by putting sugar in it. :lol: Some folks put enough sugar in tea they could use it for pancake syrup the next morning. :wacko:

Another food that folks either absolutely hate or absolutely love is okra. Sure hard to beat a good batch of fresh deep fried okra. :wub: I don't care for it boiled though. The frozen stuff at the store is no comparison to fresh.

Many years ago, in a discussion about grits, Flint Westwood mentioned that a pound of grits will make enough thinset to tile a bathroom floor. Cook the next batch a bit thinner and use it to grout the tile.

Actually, I like grits. Plain. I never saw the need to dress them up with all the stuff other folks put on them. But then, I never saw the need to ruin pefectly good ice tea by putting sugar in it. :lol: Some folks put enough sugar in tea they could use it for pancake syrup the next morning. :wacko:

Another food that folks either absolutely hate or absolutely love is okra. Sure hard to beat a good batch of fresh deep fried okra. :wub: I don't care for it boiled though. The frozen stuff at the store is no comparison to fresh.

Yup, fresh fryed okra is damn good.....so good it'll make ya slap yur brains out..........

Yup...brains is damn good, mixed wif eggs in da mornin'...all ya need is coffee and grits..........

Yup....grits is da food of southern gods..ya know...like Lee...Longstreet....Jackson.....Bagg.........dem southern gods !!!

I like my fried okra with remoulade.

That must be one of them LousyAnna foods. Never heard of it before.

I used to like watching Justin Wilson's Cooking Show. I always wanted to go be in the studio audience so I could try some of his cooking.

I never cared for brain, have tried it a couple of times. I don't care for calf fries either. I remember watching my dad eat squirrel brain. I love squirrel meat, but would never try the brain.

Archived