SASS Wire Forum

'66 Transitional Rifle

Cemetery

Anybody shoot the '66 Transitional?

Is there a way to secure the forearm so it isn't sliding forwards and backwards all the time?

OK... I'll be the first to say I'm a dummy :blush:

But.. I've never heard of the "66 Transitional rifle..

I shoot a 66 Yellowboy.. but..

What the heck is a transitional?

How is it different?

Oh yeah... I can't even help you with the forearm problem either :blush:

Rance <_<

thinkin' I feel like a dummy :blush:

:wacko: again...

Wait a minute..

in these parts of the woods.. we can fix most anything with duct tape.. would that work on your forearm problem? :lol::lol: just kiddin'

Hey Cemetery!!

I shoot a "Henry Transitional." Actually two of them. One from Taylors with that flaky forearm and one I built. The forearm just scoots around on the magazine tube part of the barrel and there is no method of securing it provided by Uberti. The only way I figured out to do it without messing up either the barrel or the wood part was to clean and coat the mag tube with clear silicone and slide the forearm over the silicone to stick it in place. After the silicone dries, it's pretty much "there."

Coffinmaker

Are you shooting it Sunday? If so, we'll take a look at it. A small wood shim might work.

Haven't gotten it yet. A '66 is on my wishlist, and I like the transitional, got to handle one a few years ago, if my bank account allows me, I'll be getting a new toy this fall.

Hey Cemetery!!

I shoot a "Henry Transitional." Actually two of them. One from Taylors with that flaky forearm and one I built. The forearm just scoots around on the magazine tube part of the barrel and there is no method of securing it provided by Uberti. The only way I figured out to do it without messing up either the barrel or the wood part was to clean and coat the mag tube with clear silicone and slide the forearm over the silicone to stick it in place. After the silicone dries, it's pretty much "there."

Coffinmaker

Howdy Coffinmaker,

Was looking for ya at the PA State Shoot.......wanted to say Howdy.

I was thinking it would have to be something along the lines of what you did. Maybe somesort of shim like Tex Jones mentioned would help.

Other than that, it's the same as '60 or '66 right? Same parts for the inside and such?

Hey Cemetery,

Yup missed you at PA State. Going to Guns of August??

The "Transitional" is a Henry. It just has a rather nifty side loading gate. Really KOOL!! Same innards as a standard Henry or '66 or '73. Very tunable. Very FUN rifle as well.

I have just left the wood fore end off. I Bought it, it's mine and it looks ........ odd. A Henry just doesn't look "right" with a fore end on it. The wood fore end is also quite ....... fragile. I wouldn't attempt any kind of shim to hold it in place. It would be real easy to split. Not a good plan.

Coffinmaker

Hey Cemetery:

I shoot a Henry Transitional built by Happy Trails.

No forearm.

Very Kool gun.

pics of Transitional Henry

--Dawg

Archived