SASS Wire Forum

I need some help finding a place to eat

I need to find a place within a mile or so of the LA Zoo / Griffith Park that is not too expensive, has good food, is relatively quiet (no TV, music, loud traffic, etc.), can handle a group of maybe up to 20...more likely 15 or so...seated together, will give us individual checks, and has easy access from major freeways and simple parking. They'll need to tolerate cowboys and girls who are having fun.

If the service is really good the tips will be, too.

Trying to avoid the Olive Garden, Sizzler, type places and go more or a family-type place.

Whatcha got to recommend?

I need to find a place within a mile or so of the LA Zoo / Griffith Park that is not too expensive, has good food, is relatively quiet (no TV, music, loud traffic, etc.), can handle a group of maybe up to 20...more likely 15 or so...seated together, will give us individual checks, and has easy access from major freeways and simple parking. They'll need to tolerate cowboys and girls who are having fun.

Trying to avoid the Olive Garden, Sizzler, type places and go more or a family-type place.

I think it depends on what you're looking for. But if you want something different, I'd consider the cafe at the Griffith Observatory. they've remodeled entirely, and the place is twice as large and a lot more modern than it was a few years ago. It's a cafeteria-style thing that would definitely fit your bill. Great view. Individuals go through the line, get what they want, pay individually, sit and eat with the best view of the Los Angeles area. :)

AJ

Also, then there is a great western-style restaurant at the Universal Studios site. You don't have to go INSIDE Universal Studios. it's at the entrance, outside. Also has a great view of North Hollywood, as it's on a hill.

AJ

Taking the harem out for an outing are you? lol

There may also be a great place for you at the Gene Autry Museum, right there by the Zoo.

http://theautry.org/

AJ

We ate at the Autry Cafe' for National Day Of The Cowboy and it was AWFUL!! The service was EXTREMELY slow, the staff was surly at best and the quality of the food was marginal.

You have the Tam-O-Shanter near by. It's owned by Lawry's so you know the food is good.

I think it depends on what you're looking for. But if you want something different, I'd consider the cafe at the Griffith Observatory. they've remodeled entirely, and the place is twice as large and a lot more modern than it was a few years ago. It's a cafeteria-style thing that would definitely fit your bill. Great view. Individuals go through the line, get what they want, pay individually, sit and eat with the best view of the Los Angeles area. :)

AJ

That's worth a look. Thanks.

My son Jeff tells me of a place on Riverside Dr. off the 134 and 5 fwy by the LA equestrian center. It's called Viva fresh Mexican. Has Cowboy and Mexico flair, not a chain restaurant. Might be worth checking into. He said they have long picnic type tables and benches and good food. Just sayin'

Big Jake

Archived