SASS Wire Forum

Gun Carts Under The Shade Canopies

Cypress Sun

Another thread got me thinking. Why do folks feel the need to park their gun carts under the shade canopy that is meant for the shooters to get out of the sun? I know,

minor stuff. It seems like any time you try to get out of the sun, you always have 50% of the shade provided by the canopy taken up by peoples gun carts. Folks, it's hot

out there, leave the gun carts away from the canopies........if you are worried about your guns getting hot in the sun, cover them with a towel. Let's just try to be a

little more considerate to the other shooters. Thanks

Is it just me or do others feel the same?

C.S.

C.S.

Nope it's not just you. At our last Wild Bunch match I asked folks to please move thier carts unless they were using them as a seat while spotting. We move our canopies close to the line for those that are working. If your cart needs shade git an umbrella. No biggie, just no one ever thought about it. :)

Jefro :ph34r: Relax-Enjoy

Another thread got me thinking. Why do folks feel the need to park their gun carts under the shade canopy that is meant for the shooters to get out of the sun?

C.S.

great post, and its a true story

I did not have the guts to say the real deal in my other post, but its true

just how much shade can a club provide ?.?.?.

when you account for (time energy and $$) when building / providing them

great post ;)

locally i see shade eaten up with gun carts

over, offering it to women and infants first

oh---how---old fashioned---------------------------i know

You're not the only one to wonder why this happens CS. The only reason I can think of is the state that some people get into. The non-thinking state of mind. I don't think it's malicious, I hope it's not. It's like the person who drives in the fast lane for no reason and fail to notice that there is anyone else on the road. Or someone at the grocery store parking their cart in the middle of the aisle while they are looking for something. Let's spread the word so that those who lead posses will remember to mention it. Unless of course they have the same affliction.

Fillmore

Picture this, pouring rain, EZ Up being moved from stage to stage by 4 people, with one feller walking in the middle of it with his gun cart :angry: ................the feller in the middle was ME!!! :blush: It was my EZ UP and the posse was so appreciative they treated my like royalty!!! :wub: It goes with me most everywhere now! ;):lol:

Does seem strange that people park their carts in the shade.... :huh:

But the way I see it,,,if it's my EZ Up, I git special treatment....cuz Ize iz sooooooooo speeshalll. :lol:

Cheyenne

Huh ........ after determining it would fit inna MINI ........ next item was provision for an Umbrella and a place to sit under said umbrella. Shade canopies are for people, TRIX are for rabbits :lol:

Coffinmaker

Another thread got me thinking. Why do folks feel the need to park their gun carts under the shade canopy that is meant for the shooters to get out of the sun? I know,

minor stuff. It seems like any time you try to get out of the sun, you always have 50% of the shade provided by the canopy taken up by peoples gun carts. Folks, it's hot

out there, leave the gun carts away from the canopies........if you are worried about your guns getting hot in the sun, cover them with a towel. Let's just try to be a

little more considerate to the other shooters. Thanks

C.S.

A lot of shooters use their cart to sit a spell to rest, especially when it is very hot.

A lot of shooters use their cart to sit a spell to rest, especially when it is very hot.

EGGSACKLY!

We have spent untold money and time to create permanent structures for shade/rain shelters on as many stages as we can, and sized em so a posse of carts could fit with room for folks to retrieve ammo, sit fer a spell, etc. The amenities are there to be used. If ya ain't got but a little 12X12 EZ-up, drive yer carts up to the edges so folks sitting on their ammo boxes are in the shade, the back ends outside. All it takes is a couple of folks to set an example and explain it, and I expect folks will go along.

that's why I have an umbrella on my cart I like my own shade

I've noticed the same thing, but I carry my own shade and stay out from under the canopies.

http://www.swimoutlet.com/product_p/7688.htm

Heck,

They prolly dont want that there fancy wood to go fading...

And toooo it keeps ammo from expodin.

Best

CR

Archived