SASS Wire Forum

Wildlife alert

Wife looked out the window at the pond yesterday and whispered to me..."stinks".

"Huh?" I said, thinking I had the pond water in pretty good shape all things considered.

She gave me "that look" and pointed out the window.

There coming down to get a drink was a beautiful Lynx. Of course by the time I got the camera he had melted into the underbrush.

A rare sighting and a great moment. Made my day.

Woulda made my day too Bob. Somehow the camera is never around here either...the Iphone cam is pretty good but not at distance. Wonder if you can lure him in with Meow Mix? :)

I missed the shot by about 2 seconds. :angry:

The pond is the only water source nearby so I'm hoping he comes back.

I don't think the cat chow will work but I do have a bumper crop of cottontails this year so... ;)

Seen bobcats and cougars here before but this is the first lynx.

Utah Bob -

You may have forgotten about this, but here is a wonderful piece of advice concerning dealing with Lynx's from the late Jerry Clower.

Tull

Wife looked out the window at the opnd yesterday and whispered to me..."stinks".

"Huh?" I said, thinking I had the pond water in pretty good shape all things considered.

She gave me "that look" and pointed out the window.

There coming down to get a drink was a beautiful Lynx. Of course by the time I got the camera he had melted into the underbrush.

A rare sighting and a great moment. Made my day.

On San Juan Island, deer used to cross our lawn in the mornings. Beautiful.

Now, living in town, I sometimes get the neighbor's cat that cr&@# on my patio. :blush:

Garsh.

AJ

On San Juan Island, deer used to cross our lawn in the mornings. Beautiful.

Now, living in town, I sometimes get the neighbor's cat that cr&@# on my patio. :blush:

Garsh.

AJ

Town and City are four letter words. :lol:

Archived