SASS Wire Forum

My First EOT

Madd Mike #8595

I should have gone to EOT sooner than I did, as it was still real close to home in Norco

why did I shy away and not attend my first few years in SASS ?.?.?

well because,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I listened to what folks told me, and what they said bout EOT

..............."awh----you dont want to go because !.!. and they went on and on"...................

and that was before the wire, and founders ranch

just think how many folks dont go NOW

due to the increased huge numbers of folks, seeing the internet chatter, and all the dont go: and i dont go-because stuff

all in the name of, we are just making "constructive comments"

•  
  • it appears though things have changed,
    almost gone are one on one / person to person conversations with limited outside exposure,
    that has now grown too: world wide instant electronic conversations (an instant and worldly change) a kin too, 24 / 7 news casting / ratings these days, run a story to death
  • what appears to have NOT changed, is folks telling others all the reasons to NOT GO

I have been to 11 EOT's and it should have been more, because I liked em all, and none of em were perfect or even close

had I not listened to some of the wrong folks, it wood be bout 14 of em

My Point is

Try EOT for your own self some day, but dont wait forever

as we all can wake up dead some day, and we just dont know when that will be ;)

I should have gone to EOT sooner than I did, as it was still real close to home in Norco

why did I shy away and not attend my first few years in SASS ?.?.?

well because,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I listened to what folks told me, and what they said bout EOT

..............."awh----you dont want to go because !.!. and they went on and on"...................

and that was before the wire, and founders ranch

just think how many folks dont go NOW

due to the increased huge numbers of folks, seeing the internet chatter, and all the dont go: and i dont go-because stuff

all in the name of, we are just making "constructive comments"

•  
  • it appears though things have changed,
    almost gone are one on one / person to person conversations with limited outside exposure,
    that has now grown too: world wide instant electronic conversations (an instant and worldly change) a kin too, 24 / 7 news casting / ratings these days, run a story to death
  • what appears to have NOT changed, is folks telling others all the reasons to NOT GO

I have been to 11 EOT's and it should have been more, because I liked em all, and none of em were perfect or even close

had I not listened to some of the wrong folks, it wood be bout 14 of em

My Point is

Try EOT for your own self some day, but dont wait forever

as we all can wake up dead some day, and we just dont know when that will be ;)

Good post MM. Too much like real life. -_-

:)

Ghost

:rolleyes: oh brother - now it's the Wire's fault for folks not going....please.

It seems that EoT had alot of folks shooting this year.,,,with many seeing the improvements starting to happen from past FR experiences.

Also, I have read all the posts of folks that had a good experience and those that had a not-so-good experience. I am very glad folks wrote about it on the Wire. How else would I have heard so many POV's on it....Plus, I also talked with a top shooter here that went and he shared his experience...

and ya know what - I want to go to EoT - and when I can get the time off work and the funds available I will.

SO - The Wire was beneficial in my FINAL decision to wanting to go more than it was a deterent to not go...

GG ~ :FlagAm:

:rolleyes: oh brother - now it's the Wire's fault for folks not going....please.

It seems that EoT had alot of folks shooting this year.,,,with many seeing the improvements starting to happen from past FR experiences.

Also, I have read all the posts of folks that had a good experience and those that had a not-so-good experience. I am very glad folks wrote about it on the Wire. How else would I have heard so many POV's on it....Plus, I also talked with a top shooter here that went and he shared his experience...

and ya know what - I want to go to EoT - and when I can get the time off work and the funds available I will.

SO - The Wire was beneficial in my FINAL decision to wanting to go more than it was a deterent to not go...

Gunner Gatlin, You made the right chose. EoT is the World Championship of Cowboy Action Shooting.

Ghost

Gunner Gatlin, You made the right chose. EoT is the World Championship of Cowboy Action Shooting.

Ghost

It's going to happen - now I'm accountable :D

When it does - look forward to meeting ya...

I have read a lot of these various posts about EOT , and have been to one , in 2007 if I remember right. But , I also went to the first event held at Founder's Ranch , "Smoke In The Valley" in 2004 , in October , I think.

To the folks that think it is under-developed now should have been there then. Still had fun , though. Course , I'm pretty easily amused.

Keep 'em smokin' , Rex :D

so it looks like yer the winner

you red the wire and went to EOT

many years ago I listened to folks and did NOT go to EOT at Norco

this post was ment for the ones that might not go to EOT

I say try EOT

sounds like you say the same thing

maybe----but then agian-----maybe not

I think we agree, that folks might ought ta go

once anyways ;););)

This was my first EOT. My Fiance and I loved it. Being almost 2,000 miles away (and driving there) presented some challenges, both physically and financially. The 10 day trip took us through a dozen States and several points of interest (like Mt. Rushmore for instance). I think between hotels and food, we spent about $1,500 or so. Had a great time, but we'll be in the poor house for a bit.

Pic of trip/odometer

Made a quick video of me shooting the 45-70 Gatling there. I had actually paid for 15, but the first 5 rounds only fed. I had thought that maybe I was turning the handle too fast, but I can see from the uncut video that the final ten were hung up before I ever fired. Couldn't see that from my position. Still was fun though.

Original footage:

Edited footage:

Gosh Madd Mike some of us don't have the time or money to attend EOT

I guess you missed my point

I say> go iffen ya can

dont stay home> just cus others say to

huge difference

maybe things will change for ya some day

it really is a hoot, if you go for the whole experience, more than just the shoot :blush:

going west in a covered wagon was never a cake walk

EOT weather can be the same, not always a cake walk

thanks for the response :)

so it looks like yer the winner

you red the wire and went to EOT

many years ago I listened to folks and did NOT go to EOT at Norco

this post was ment for the ones that might not go to EOT

I say try EOT

sounds like you say the same thing

maybe----but then agian-----maybe not

I think we agree, that folks might ought ta go

once anyways ;););)

You misread my post MM. I am saying as I have in other posts that I WANT to go to EoT after reading about it and hearing the good and not-so good about it....so I guess I am not a winner yet ;)

GG

Guest Winchester Jack, SASS #70195

Exactly. If I have a choice of attending 2 or 3 local annuals in a year or 1 EOT the local venues will win out. Its a 1000 mile trip one way plus motel costs and match costs. Maybe some day when I am wealthy (yeah, sure) or retired, or both but right now its not doable.

Jeez Mike,

You shoulda talked to me all those years ago. I would have highly recommended you go to EOT in Norco. Like I said in my other post, Norco was a GREAT venue for EOT. What I found presently at Founders Ranch, not so much.

Wyatt

Exactly. If I have a choice of attending 2 or 3 local annuals in a year or 1 EOT the local venues will win out. Its a 1000 mile trip one way plus motel costs and match costs. Maybe some day when I am wealthy (yeah, sure) or retired, or both but right now its not doable.

once again

I aint tellin folks to sell the farm in order to attend

just pointin out, that if its in the cards, give it a try

dont stay home just cus so-&-so said @#$%^&*

:lol: geeeese :lol:

Guest Winchester Jack, SASS #70195

once again

I aint tellin folks to sell the farm in order to attend

just pointin out, that if its in the cards, give it a try

dont stay home just cus so-&-so said @#$%^&*

:lol: geeeese :lol:

well I wouldnt let the naysayers stop me. I mean I have shot at Norco so hot weather, gusty winds and dust is nothing new :ph34r:

Count me among the folks that have never attended EOT and some of that has been based on other shooters input.

Right or wrong, I have a style of shoot that I prefer and from what I have heard from others - EOT has traditionally not been that type of shoot.

EOT is an expensive proposition and I would be silly to attend an expensive match that I would not enjoy.

For my competition fix and to see where I stack up against the best (and to shoot a match that I enjoy) - I will continue shooting Winter Range.

Count me among the folks that have never attended EOT and some of that has been based on other shooters input.

Right or wrong, I have a style of shoot that I prefer and from what I have heard from others - EOT has traditionally not been that type of shoot.

EOT is an expensive proposition and I would be silly to attend an expensive match that I would not enjoy.

For my competition fix and to see where I stack up against the best (and to shoot a match that I enjoy) - I will continue shooting Winter Range.

EOT stages this year

well the targets were just as close as Winter Ranges' if not closer than I have attended

and the stages were just as simple

but that is just my personal experince of attending this years EOT and I will admit I did not attend WR

saving my bucks to see how I can place in the world championship (once again folks, my decisions, not tellin folks they should agree)

This was my first EOT. My Fiance and I loved it. Being almost 2,000 miles away (and driving there) presented some challenges, both physically and financially. The 10 day trip took us through a dozen States and several points of interest (like Mt. Rushmore for instance). I think between hotels and food, we spent about $1,500 or so. Had a great time, but we'll be in the poor house for a bit.

Pic of trip/odometer

Made a quick video of me shooting the 45-70 Gatling there. I had actually paid for 15, but the first 5 rounds only fed. I had thought that maybe I was turning the handle too fast, but I can see from the uncut video that the final ten were hung up before I ever fired. Couldn't see that from my position. Still was fun though.

Original footage:

Edited footage:

Far out - but yeah, it went to fast - that happens when your havin' a good time :lol:

I've attended every EOT since 2002, except when I had shoulder surgery.

I didn't agree wilth everything that they did, but still enjoyed every match. There have been very few annual matches held at Founders Ranch that I haven't been to. It a very good experiance and worth the effort.

Johnny Meadows

• 2 weeks later...

Personally, I'm kicking myself in the behind for not making the 1st EOT at the Ranch...I haven't missed any since then and I don't plan on missing any in the future...I have enjoyed every one that I have attended and as someone said...It IS the World Championship and ya can't win it if you don't go! :D Not that I can win it anyway...it's just great seeing my friends from all over the world!

Creeker....when the pocket books says you can...YOU NEED TO GO!!! You will enjoy it!!! TRUST ME!!! :D :D :D :D

Archived