SASS Wire Forum

Baikal single trigger

Pit Bull Tex

I have two Baikal double triggers done by Jimmy Spurs and love them. I found a 410 ga single trigger shotgun for my grandson. Dont know if there is a problum with the single trigger guns.

Had a 12 Ga. single-trigger Baikal once , was VERY bad about doubling , got rid of it.

This has been hashed over in the past , and the outcome is generally always the same. The lower-priced single-trigger guns seem to have lots of problems with this issue. An individual gun might be a gem , but the majority do not work out too well.

Good luck , Rex :D

P.S. I'm talking about experiences with 12s , mind you. 410 may be a whole nother thing. :D

I really want a two trigger 410 but I was thinking maybe for a 8 year old the one trigger might work if they were any good.

Mine 12 ga Baikal single trigger turned out to be a gem.

The guy I got it from reported it "doubling" on him and sold it for a decent price. Being the amatuer gunsmith I am (or just a curious guy that likes to take crap apart), I discovered that the insides were caked with grease and what looked like metal filings. After degreasing everything and cleaning it out, I applied a new (lighter) coat of grease and reassembled everything. Hasn't given me a SINGLE issue since.

The nature of the mechanism can allow for one firing pin to be uncocked while open if you accidently pull the trigger. You'd almost have to TRY and do that, but it is possible. The barrel selector on mine is kinda stiff too, but I never change it anyway. Just pull the trigger again to fire the second barrel.

I hope this helped.

Mine has been flawless. Never had a problem with doubling. I only wish I hadn't had the ejectors disabled to make it into a cowboy gun. Those ejectors worked really great and flung them 2 shells a mile. Should have kept it stock and saved it for a huntin' gun.

Hi Pard,

I just discussed them with Hubby today when I got home. A pard was having trouble with his. It was erratically shooting both barrels. (Guess that is what the gents are calling doubling.) To make a long story short, unless you know someone who can guarantee to fix it. DO NOT BUY ONE!

Regards,

Allie Mo

Archived