SASS Wire Forum

Got an unusual problem, even for me.

Today, I discovered a small bird trying to build a nest on the tire of my car. I watched as she repeatedly carried tuffs of grass and moss into the area under the body and she placed them on the top of the tire. I look and sure enough it was the very beginnings of a nest. I removed them an placed them on the ground. She returned and in a few minutes had replaced the nest back on the tire. I again removed it, moved the car to another place and not having a bird house handy, placed a bucket on it's side to see if she would us it. Apparently not. She is now looking under the truck. I need it too.

I guess I could just assume that she moved on, but life is hard out there. I do not know what kind of bird it is, but apparently it is one that nest on the ground or close to it. The bird is about the size of a sparrow but has different marking. I would get a bird house if I knew that it would serve a purpose for the little lady. Momma looks like she need a nest real soon, but I need my car.

Any thunks? Momma bird and I would appreciate them.

Thanks.

I think that little critter is a Black Cap chickadee.

Anybody know about their nesting habits?

I was listening to the call that I found on the computer and one of them started calling back. They must be social critters.

Wonder what kind of bird house they would like?

No, I'm purty certain that it is a Chickadee. I bought a birdhouse for it, since I already have two projects on the bench along with all the yard work. Be fall before I could get one built. I may get some red cedar and make one or two more this winter, Lord willing. This week end I will put it up. I am not sure that they will use it, but I am betting that somebody will. And then there is always next year.

I bought a pot of red Petunias to put on the back deck for the humming birds.

Going to have to find some body to edigumacate me on what I need to do for those little critters.

Captain Jack is no help. All he does is lay in the grass and sleep. Lazy hound.

Got a finch that nested in my tool shed. The baby just hatched the other day. I have to wait till it's out of the next before I have full use of the shed now. Mama gets freaky if I'm in there more than a few minutes.

Got a finch that nested in my tool shed. The baby just hatched the other day. I have to wait till it's out of the next before I have full use of the shed now. Mama gets freaky if I'm in there more than a few minutes.

Wear your PETA tee-shirt, Bob. That way she will know you mean no harm. :lol:

I think that little critter is a Black Cap chickadee.

Anybody know about their nesting habits?

I was listening to the call that I found on the computer and one of them started calling back. They must be social critters.

Wonder what kind of bird house they would like?

What house would dey like ?

Hummmmmmmmm...............................................

Ok, 2400 sf 2 story, 4 bedroom wif a grandroom, valted ceiling, fireplace, pool, 3 car garage and a bathroom as big as all out doors !! :lol:

Archived