SASS Wire Forum

My dog sheds like a race horse...

Aunt Jen

Hey Jen,

I know what you mean. When one of my coworkers offered to give me a Smooth Collie (my first ever dog) and Hubby wanted a German Shepard, one of my arguments was that he's a short hair and won't shed much. WRONG! :rolleyes:

Frank, I have hardwood floors too. So, I know exactly what you mean. :unsure:

I've always had cats and thought they were "shedding machines." They are nothing compared to this dog.

Have you heard of a "Furminator?" Look here. They are very helpful!

Regards,

Allie Mo

My Pit sheds but my Lab,if you could weave his hair and under hair you could make a car cover every day.

I have a pug that outsheds any other dog I have ever had, including the St Bernard. Pugs shed all year round, it isn't seasonal like it is for many dogs. I have a tan pug, a white mixed breed and a tri color Basset. NO matter what color clothes I wear, some of the dog hair shows up very clearly.

But, I would never trade in my dogs for anything.

I have a little "runt" cat named Gracie, most everyone who knows me has seen her pictures.

I swear she should be bald..Hair everywhere. I see clumps on the carpets and the wood floors...

Here is a shameless plug for a product:

Them bright yellow vacumns that cost a small fortune...(same guy now does a fan with no blades, how did he do dat??)

anyways I did the floors after doing them with the old vac. and almost filled the canister. and the carpet actually feels like new..

back to the show..

curley

Git yur selfs a chi-wa-wa like I did when I was truckin'.

Aint no hair to shed !!!!!! ;)

I hear ya. I have a 120 lb. Anatolian Sheapherd that is a very productive fur factory. I have hard wood floors in the house and constantly have fur tumbleweeds blowing around.

Ha! :lol: :lol: :lol: I know exactly what you mean! And for some reason, they always seem to collect in the same places!

AJ

...except that I've never actually seen a race horse shed. But I swear! :angry: She sheds so much, I threw out the vacuum and bought a rake. :lol:

AJ, who loves her girl. :wub:

I have a Portuguese Podengo. Everything he eats turns to hair, but he's my pal. He's 14 and a half and I'll be broken-hearted when he goes.

send that hair up to Smitty at Colorado Mountain hat Co. He Builds A mean Dog Hait Hat

Great idea!! I have tons of extra German Shedder rolling around here..... I wonder if he's give me a cut of his profits for supplying the fur? I could keep him in business for years........

It's amazing how much hair a 15lb Jack Russell will generate. Worse it gets everywhere and no matter how much you vacuum or use the tape rollers, no matter how many times your clothes go through the washer and dryer, you never get all of it.

But I wouldn't change a thing.

If there was a market for dog fur, I would be a rich man...

Actually there is, but I 'spect you gotta pay her to make 'em. :angry:

JHC

http://www.trendhunter.com/trends/pet-hair-purses#!/photos/79759/9

Miss Behavin & I have a 75lb German shepherd. He gets raked over once a week with one of those special combs. You would think after 4 years of this act, I would stop being amazed at the amount of hair that comes off every week? But it's just so amazing!

It grows so fast, they must be able to feel it grow!

I hear ya. I have a 120 lb. Anatolian Sheapherd that is a very productive fur factory. I have hard wood floors in the house and constantly have fur tumbleweeds blowing around.

I know exactly what you mean about the fur tumbleweeds :o We have a greyhound and two setters. Who would think the short-haired greyhound would give the setters a run for their money to see who can drop the most hair :lol:

We had a Scottie once and were told she has "hair" not "fur" and that she wouldn't shed much at all. They are our "kids" and we love 'em :wub:

We have hardwood floors and my little girl(chocolate lab) does her fair share of shedding. I have one of those dust mops with interchangeable pads. I does this every day. It's a small price to pay for the privlege of having her around. She is my special angel.

While my Lab sheds all the time, it seems that this spring & summer have been worst that normal. Regular brushing helps (a little), but i know some of the bird nests are well lined.....

I have a Basset, and hardwood floors. Bad combination. I sweep up enough dog hair everyday to re-fur 5 rabbits. AND don't even get me started on the dog slobber!@!!!!But, he's my buddy, always wagging his tail and waiting at the door. Yessir, CSM Beaureguard is one of a kind. :)

Kinda reminds me of pigpin on the old Charlie Brown cartoons, raises a fur cloud when he walks by.

I have a Basset, and hardwood floors. Bad combination. I sweep up enough dog hair everyday to re-fur 5 rabbits. AND don't even get me started on the dog slobber!@!!!!But, he's my buddy, always wagging his tail and waiting at the door. Yessir, CSM Beaureguard is one of a kind. :)

Kinda reminds me of pigpin on the old Charlie Brown cartoons, raises a fur cloud when he walks by.

Oh Nicky!

I can totally visualise that. Of course, it doesn't help that I have his indoor water dish in the living room. :unsure:;)

Regards,

Allie Mo

We have hardwood floors and my little girl(chocolate lab) does her fair share of shedding. I have one of those dust mops with interchangeable pads. I does this every day. It's a small price to pay for the privlege of having her around. She is my special angel.

Pard,

I just got a Hoover Platinum Linx Cordless Stick Vac and I love it. It does need emptying after every use and recharging a lot, which doesn't take long; but, it really "sucks" good.

;)

Allie Mo

Archived