SASS Wire Forum

WTB Derelict P38 or Hi Power

In their infinate wisdom the company I work for has decided I cannot carry my 1911 any longer. Duty firearms must be double action, never mind that I've carried the 1911 in condition one for years without an incident. So, I want to carry a P38 or a Browning Hi Power just to thumb my nose at them. Unfortunately I can't afford one in working condition so I'm looking for one that you may have around in pieces and/ or are willing to let go Cheap. I can affoed no more than about $200 and that is stretching it. Until then I'm toating my Colt New Service in .45 Colt.

Thanks

Bugs

There are some listed in the newest Shotgun News, but are higher than your $200 limit. Also, I did not know that Browning made a HiPower in DA.

Shenny

Boss Hoss Fly has a p-38 in nice condition for 250.00 shipped. Don't think you can get a better deal than that.

http://sassnet.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=171673

Boss Hoss Fly has a p-38 in nice condition for 250.00 shipped. Don't think you can get a better deal than that.

With all due respect, in actuality what he has is a Croation PHP MV 9MM.

rather interesting and shall we say distinctive.

yhs

prof marvel

+1

Every once in awhile, a For Sale and a WTB post just match up almost perfectly. I think that this is one of those times.

There are some listed in the newest Shotgun News, but are higher than your $200 limit.

Also, I did not know that Browning made a HiPower in DA.

Shenny

Thats a fact -

Which makes me wundeer----------------------

I may be totally off base here , but I think he means double action first shot capability. Both the Browning High-Power and P-38 have that feature. If we're talking double-action only , neither qualify , as you pards know.

Lots of options out there , just not many in the 200.00 price range.

Good luck , Rex :D

I may be totally off base here , but I think he means double action first shot capability. Both the Browning High-Power and P-38 have that feature. If we're talking double-action only , neither qualify , as you pards know.

Lots of options out there , just not many in the 200.00 price range.

Good luck , Rex :D

Beg to differ the original Browning "Hi Power" AKA P-35 was a single action semi automatic.

I would never bet my life on a cheap gun, although I totally understand the nose thumbing moral high ground that you seek. For the first time in my life I have long hair (at 51) to hold the high ground.

Best of luck to you Bugs!

In their infinate wisdom the company I work for has decided I cannot carry my 1911 any longer. Duty firearms must be double action, never mind that I've carried the 1911 in condition one for years without an incident. So, I want to carry a P38 or a Browning Hi Power just to thumb my nose at them. Unfortunately I can't afford one in working condition so I'm looking for one that you may have around in pieces and/ or are willing to let go Cheap. I can affoed no more than about $200 and that is stretching it. Until then I'm toating my Colt New Service in .45 Colt.

Thanks

Bugs

Thanks

Bugs

Personally I would rather carry the New Service than either of the pistols you mentioned.

Archived