SASS Wire Forum

Could Oswald have Done It?

Aunt Jen

I'm thinkin' maybe the 'mob" did it.:unsure:

Cuz they liked MM??? lol

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So then if the Warren Commission had said that it was a vast conspiracy, you would automatically think that Oswald acted alone?

I'm sayin if the guverment told me it waz goin to be hot today in Texas I'd take along a heavy coat just in case-----

Cuz they liked MM??? lol

There's an excellent probability that the Chicago Mob was the moving force behind the assassination.

We forget how controversial it was in 1960 to have a Catholic running for President. The level of religious hatred that existed was palpable in many places. I lived in one of them, a small town southwest of Chicago. The split was half Catholic and half Protestant and the two sides did not like each other. The further south you went in IL in those days the more Protestant and Republican you got.

In the election of 1960 it was a real “tossup” as to who would carry IL, but it was looking like Nixon had the edge. So the Mob, in conjunction with the Daley administration, “turned out the vote” to ensure that IL would go to Kennedy. And it did, guaranteeing him election. The Mob expected some “pay back” for what they did, but instead got “Bobby Kennedy, Gangbuster.” The head of the Chicago Family, Sam Giancana, saw this as an outright betrayal. The Mob has never been big on being betrayed.

While the evidence is thin, it’s probable that the Chicago Mob, in conjunction with other organized crime elements and other corrupt political forces, decided to assassinate the President in revenge for his lack of “good faith.” They cast their net wide and came up with a disgruntled young ex-Marine named Oswald. He was supported, modestly, in his project but ultimately succeeded.

There were other forces around that benefited from Kennedy’s death, but the evidence that they had anything to do with the assassination is virtually non-existent. Most of the “conspiracy” theories are based upon one or two bits of contradictory evidence or disinformation (like the assertion that Oswald was a lousy shot).

We also sometimes forget that Kennedy was not well liked in many quarters in 1963. In the White South he was vilified for his support of civil rights. Many on the Right saw him as a “weak sister” for his performance after the Bay of Pigs fiasco. Many on the Left were unhappy that he went eyeball-to-eyeball with the Soviets (risking a general nuclear exchange) and made them blink. The rise of Barry Goldwater to the top of the Republican ticket was a direct consequence of some of this dislike.

IMO Kennedy was not terribly successful as a President and he knew it going into the ’64 election. Just how he might have changed his programs is unclear, but that he knew he had a problem is pretty evident from his actions (including his visit to Dallas, one of the more conservative cities in the U.S. at the time). We will never know what he ultimately might have done.

SQQ

Oswald enlisted in the Marines on October 24, 1956, six days after his 17th birthday. In bootcamp, Lee was soon ridiculed for his bad marksmanship.

He missed a LINCOLN with his first shot! Granted, it was a passing shot. The farther down the road the car got the more steady it would have been in Oswald's sights. He probably didn't even use the scope since he would not have used one in the Marines.

The reason is the bullet exiting the head created more energy (large explosive cavity) versus the the entry in the rear of the head....it's physics. That;s why the head was forced backwards. Now if the bullet had lodged in the head than yes the head would have flung forward.

With that said, and won't say more on the particular point - my respects to our former president.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

I don't buy it! The force of the bullet hitting the back of the head would have moved it forward. For the head to initially go back it would have to have been hit from the front. AFTER the intial impact it could have very well went forward but ON IMPACT it would had to have gone forward and it didn't .........it went back! I'm no scientist or ballictics expert that sounds pretty basic to me. Just MHO, Rye :blink:

I don't buy it! The force of the bullet hitting the back of the head would have moved it forward. For the head to initially go back it would have to have been hit from the front. AFTER the intial impact it could have very well went forward but ON IMPACT it would had to have gone forward and it didn't .........it went back! I'm no scientist or ballictics expert that sounds pretty basic to me. Just MHO, Rye :blink:

Buy it or not - it is what it is...

We'll just have our own opinions on it.. ;)

GG ~ :FlagAm:

SQQ speaks the truth. The 1960s were alive with social currents. The Mob could very well have been behind the scene force that caused events to happen. BUT, and there is always a but, WE WILL NEVER KNOW FOR SURE.

John F was only in office for a short time, less than three years. That is a short time to know what the man would have done that is for sure.

Actually, in hits where the central nervous system absorbs the shock of the bullet, the body will reflexively jerk towards the bullet strike before going in the direction of bullet travel....

Just my own observations in actual situations.

Archived