SASS Wire Forum

WTB: 44-40 Rifle and Pistols

jetdriver21

Howdy Pards,

I posted a similar thread around Christmas and am finally getting back to putting my outfit together. Found a good deal locally (CO) for a TTN hammered scattergun and it is now in my safe. Now, I need to pick up my rifle and pistols. Taylors and Cimarron are both backordered and I had hoped to start shooting this summer. Anyone selling?

1873 Short Rifle, 20" bbl, 44-40

Colt SAA (Model P), 5.5" bbl, 44-40

I understand this caliber does not come up for sale often but I prefer this caliber for it's historical accuracy and prominence. I already have a case of ammo just no guns. Hope you guys can help otherwise I will stand in line waiting on Uberti.

Howdy Pards,

I posted a similar thread around Christmas and am finally getting back to putting my outfit together. Found a good deal locally (CO) for a TTN hammered scattergun and it is now in my safe. Now, I need to pick up my rifle and pistols. Taylors and Cimarron are both backordered and I had hoped to start shooting this summer. Anyone selling?

1873 Short Rifle, 20" bbl, 44-40

Colt SAA (Model P), 5.5" bbl, 44-40

I understand this caliber does not come up for sale often but I prefer this caliber for it's historical accuracy and prominence. I already have a case of ammo just no guns. Hope you guys can help otherwise I will stand in line waiting on Uberti.

Have a pair of old model used Rugers 44-40 blue in 4.5 inch...I would not be able to get pictures until Jim Bowie gets back and open...In case you don't find any Colts...

Texas Lizard

TL, would those Rugers be blue or stainless?

Have a pair of old model used Rugers 44-40 blue in 4.5 inch...

Howdy, BR -

Are your eyes playing tricks on you? (Happens to me all the time! :o )

Regards, TJH

Welll...I think the starter of this thread still looking for a pair of Colts...Doesn't look as if anyone is braking loose with any...Colts might be harder to find...

Texas Lizard

Welll...I think the starter of this thread still looking for a pair of Colts...Doesn't look as if anyone is braking loose with any...Colts might be harder to find...

Texas Lizard

I hope I did not confuse -- I am looking for the Uberti reproduction of the Colt SAA in 44-40 w/ 5.5" bbl.

I hope I did not confuse -- I am looking for the Uberti reproduction of the Colt SAA in 44-40 w/ 5.5" bbl.

Understand, but if you decide on Rugers...I've got a pair some what shorter barrel...Just letting you know...

Texas Lizard

Archived