SASS Wire Forum

Marlin box

Three Foot Johnson

I picked up a couple of NOS/NIB Marlin made 1894CB's yesterday - check out the spelling on the top box.

MARLIN BOXES

This is an extremely rare collector's item, and I'll sell the box to the first person who responds here for $1000. :lol: Anybody else have a Marlin box like this?

That's a joke... kind of - I intentionally meant to post here and not in the classifieds, but if it's really worth anything... :P

Well, its obvious to me that they don't want 'Childern' having that particular rifle.

(actually, I had to read it 3 times before I noticed)

..........Widder

+1

Buckeye Pete :FlagAm:

J Bar,

thats like that funny looking Ruger I bought a few years ago and they mispelled the name on the box and called it a Luger...........go figure!

:lol::lol::lol:

..........Widder

No way! Luger? Seriously? :lol:

The things we sometimes think are nothing and let 'em get away, toss 'em, or shoot 'em up...

About a dozen years ago, I bought a Ruger .480 SRH that was roll marked .475 Ruger AND I bought a 50 round box of ammo that was also head stamped .475 Ruger. The gun was incapable of hitting the broad side of a barn, so back it went and Ruger replaced it with a new one. The new one, of course, was marked .480 Ruger. Oh well. I still have the 50 empty .475 Ruger cases though, but tossed the cardboard box in the stove in lieu of a plastic ammo box... Agghhh!

.475 RUGER CASES

Howdy Buck.

Your right. I figure everyone would see the humor in that one. And I KNEW that AJ would know it was a joke.

As they say down South, "If you can't take a yoke.....don't eat eggs for breakfast"..... :lol::lol::lol:

..........Widder

Pards,

I have a ruger single six missing a flute.

Best

CR

We gotta see pics of this or it doesn't exist. Just sayin'

Big Jake

Pards,

Best

CR

Does it only have five chambers to go with its five flutes?

Pards,

Best

CR

I got two of them and one is missing a trumpet and the other is missing a clarinet. :lol::lol::lol:

..........Widder

Guest Kid Sopris, Regulator, #3290

Somebody must have been a graduate of the New York's Public School System.:blink:

Archived