SASS Wire Forum

EOT ? stage 2

I look at the scores and seen the scores for stage 2 starting from the top in the overall scores, pretty impressive times, how many guns was used??? Hard to believe there was 4 guns used with some of those times, I seen one of our locals here that placed 191 and his was around 34 or so.

So, for the people that were there and can remember stage 2, explain and how many guns was used?? Like I said, pretty impressive times for the first 30 or so shooters in the overall

All for now JD Trampas

Stage 2 was a 10-10-2

revolver targets were 5 knockdowns and a huge plate in the rifle lineup. There were 5 rifle targets (4 normal and one huge shared with the revovler). Two shotgun knockdowns, one at each end of revolver targets.

Shooter starts in door with rifle at one end of a bar and shotgun at other. One revolver holstered and the other in a safe at the bar. At beep, shooter moves to safe and engages the knockdowns till down and then engages huge target with remaing rounds, 1 second bonus for a hit and no miss penalty. Shooter moves to rifle and engages 5 rifle targets with double taps and then moves to shotgun and engages both shotgun targets.

You had to be brave to be fast. The revolver knockdowns go down slow and you had to have faith that they would go down and not wait before going to the dump. For two handed shooters, not bad, deadly to a gunfighter who has sub second spilts from shot 5 to 6.

5 seconds of bonus brings a 12 second stage (about right for bleeding edge shooters on a 10-10-2) to seven seconds, the best time for the stage.

I am a middle of the road shooter. If a world champion does not cut my time in half, I feel like I am shooting at my ability. So if I shoot it in 28 seconds, big kids are doing 14 or less. I think I shot that one in 25 raw with 20 after bonus.

Cheers,

BJT

I look at the scores and seen the scores for stage 2 starting from the top in the overall scores, pretty impressive times, how many guns was used??? Hard to believe there was 4 guns used with some of those times, I seen one of our locals here that placed 191 and his was around 34 or so.

So, for the people that were there and can remember stage 2, explain and how many guns was used?? Like I said, pretty impressive times for the first 30 or so shooters in the overall

All for now JD Trampas

Sorry Garrison Joe, guess I missed that post, can't believe I did, no wonder I can't hit targets, can't even see posts, LOL

All for now JD Trampas

P.S. still blows my mind how fast that stage was for some considering it was 10-10-2, guess I would have done it in 60 maybe, I shoot duelist, better make that a 80 :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Archived