SASS Wire Forum

Pards in and around Columbia, Missouri......

EE Taft

I Have an interview with a JD dealership in Columbia, Mo. and I would like your opinion of a good place to find a rental house to get settled in. If the interview goes well we may be looking to move pretty quick. An idea of what areas might be better, safer, cleaner, better for kids,etc. would be appreciated. It doesn't need to be right in Columbia but a short driving distance is best.

Just an idea of the better areas, not anything in particular. (unless of course, you know of something without going to any trouble) :D

~EE Taft~

Colodaro......now stayin' in Missoura.....

I did git so confus........er

Hawk, I think it's all about where ever gives him an mama Taft the best opportunity.

I admire folks that can pick up and move like that, but it shore ain't me.

I've been all over the world more or less, but my mailing address has always been in the same county I was born in. And I don't see any reason for that to change. One day, hopefully a good long time from now, my ashes will be scattered to the wind in the mountains in that same county.

In the words of Del Gue "I says "the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world," and by God, I was right. Keep your nose in the wind and your eye along the skyline.

I ain't never seen 'em, but my common sense tells me the Andes is foothills, and the Alps is for children to climb! Keep good care of your hair! These here is God's finest scupturings! "

Well, it's more moving out of need that pleasure, but I'm sure with finding what we need we will most certainly find more pleasure.....

.....But I do dearly miss Colorado.......(listen, I'm starting to sound like Deja! :blink: ) and hope to find a way back there.

Truth be told, I've worked at the same place for 14 years and they started to think of me as family...... <_< ....That's great and all, but when was the last time your aunt or your brother or your granddad gave ya a raise? I have topped out and the benefits are on the poor side........But if I go I will miss them like any family would.

They are great folks but I must think about and look towards the future and try to build a better life for Mama and the kiddos.

I've got the interview and I've known the boss man for the place for quite a few years. He's a great guy and I'm sure he will be a pleasure to work for......If I get the job. :D

And the big PLUS!!!!! I'd be within close range to a couple of great CAS clubs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do know one thing....I'm probably not going to get attached to anyone as I did the place I've worked for here. That way, If I get the oppertunity to head west I'll have no regrets.

And in case y'all are wondering..........Mama and the kids have wanted to move longer than I have!! :rolleyes:

~EE Taft~

Well, it's more moving out of need that pleasure, but I'm sure with finding what we need we will most certainly find more pleasure.....

.....But I do dearly miss Colorado.......(listen, I'm starting to sound like Deja! :blink: ) and hope to find a way back there.

Truth be told, I've worked at the same place for 14 years and they started to think of me as family...... dry.gif ....That's great and all, but when was the last time your aunt or your brother or your granddad gave ya a raise? I have topped out and the benefits are on the poor side........But if I go I will miss them like any family would.

They are great folks but I must think about and look towards the future and try to build a better life for Mama and the kiddos.

I've got the interview and I've known the boss man for the place for quite a few years. He's a great guy and I'm sure he will be a pleasure to work for......If I get the job. :D

And the big PLUS!!!!! I'd be within close range to a couple of great CAS clubs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do know one thing....I'm probably not going to get attached to anyone as I did the place I've worked for here. That way, If I get the oppertunity to head west I'll have no regrets.

And in case y'all are wondering..........Mama and the kids have wanted to move longer than I have!! :rolleyes:

~EE Taft~

EE, I've learned in my lifetime that ya have to do what you're family needs........not what you want to do. That will come later in life.

Take care of Mama and them babies. Lawdy, I love them babies. Specially some one else's babies !!! :lol:

Sheesh Taft, thats what---a 100 mile move? Gonna take more than that to get under western skies.

Yeah, I know..........And you ain't gonna be easy on me about it, are ya? :lol::rolleyes:

What I want is to head west........but what I need is 9, 9, and almost 2.

And we gotta take care of them no matter where we gotta go to do it.

But hey, look on the bright side.......I'll be 100 miles closer to y'all!

You can almost smell me from there!! :lol:

I've got resumes out all over the country...first bite will have it!...butif I get any better offers I might go after them!

~EE Taft~

Truth be told, I've worked at the same place for 14 years and they started to think of me as family...... dry.gif ....That's great and all, but when was the last time your aunt or your brother or your granddad gave ya a raise? I have topped out and the benefits are on the poor side........But if I go I will miss them like any family would.

~EE Taft~

EEs.. my life was not my choice.. but it simply happened.. Was not what i planned or wanted.. but it is what it is and I am happy that God gives me a sun in the morning and friends and family to love. You could do much better to go for higher goals than mine.. lol..

I moved to be closer to Dad, and because I missed my dad and my west. I love the west, not everyone does. If I had a family my life would be different. Because a wife/husband and kids come first.. All I have is me and my family and friends for now. My life is different than yours, you have a loving wife, and children.. So, you two pick.. go for the gutsto .. together as a family.. and God will bless you for sure.. DV

Afraid I can't be much help. But, I go up to Harry S Truman Veterans Hospital every few months. Wife and I make it a day when we go. The town is a growing place especially to the South. The Northeast section also growing, Bass Pro and other business. The south part seems to have a lot more larger homes/communities and a lot of large shopping areas. Cannot remember the name of the large park to the south, but it is very beautiful with a large cave. The big mall is at the Northwest corner of town by I-70. Of course it is a VERY BIG University town and a lot of older beautiful places just outside college boundries. The Powder Horn is a nice large gun store and a lot of fabric/sewing stores in the area ifen the wife, like mine, are into that. One fabric store across from the powder horn, which works out! The capital, Jeff City, just south and a fun place to visit along with Fulton, Missouri. Closer to the Ozarks! Also Midway USA shooting supply just 4 miles West of town off I-70. Not that familure with crime sections, but I would think the South section safest. Several GOOD hospitals, University, VA, Boon, and an excellent Cancer Hospital. Might contact your home insurance agent and ask about crime area. Good Luck! just go and drive around, not that large of area to cover.

EE, you've got the Gateway Shootists in St. Louis, The Moniteau River Raiders in Fayette and COWS (Central Ozarks Western Shooters) in St Robert. Lots of shooting going on around Columbia.

Thanks for the input fellers! I wouldn't have given the south side of town much thought (as I haven't been through there in quite a while) and I will have to check it out. I'm thinking of trying the outskirts or maybe even one of the little towns around it. Even something like Centrailia or Mexico would be closer than where I'm at now.

I will certainly check out the town though and use ever bit of advice given!

Noz, That's one of the things I'm counting on!!! Better access to shooting that up here!

Mama like the fact that she can do her shopping in Columbia. a lot more selection of everything.

We'll see how things pan out!

~EE Taft~

If'n you get moved in there and have a 1st Saturday with nothing to do, come on down to Cassville, MO and shoot with the Ozark Posse.

We're good folks.

If'n you get moved in there and have a 1st Saturday with nothing to do, come on down to Cassville, MO and shoot with the Ozark Posse.

We're good folks.

I will certainly put y'all on my list!! If I get moved I'm plannin' on getting back to some regular monthly matches. Haven't had much time to get out to any and when I did they were 2-3 hours away at least.

Thank ya for the invite!

~EE Taft~

Archived