SASS Wire Forum

4th of July shoot

Big Jake1001

The Cowboys are having a 4th of July shoot in Norco on Monday. It's going to be 5 stages and a BBQ afterwards. Talking with a few friends about this and we're going out to shoot and eat and hang with old and new friends.

Back in the mid 80's when shooting at Coto de Caza(home of End of Trail)we knew everyone who shot, there weren't that many of us then. I met Sidewinder #26, Big Medicine #19, B.B.McShagnasty #452 and have remained good friends with them for 25+ years. Well, the "OLD GUYS" are coming out to shoot.

If any of you who read this want some grins and giggles, posse up with the Oldtimers and have a hoot!

I tried to get White Lightning #527 and Longshot #747 to come out, but family duty comes first.

The last time some of us shot a match, they still had Modern and Traditional categories.

I've had 3 eye surgery's last year and can see like an 18 year old now, so I should be able to shoot OK.

Shooting in 20 EoT's and 25 years of matches, I'm just going to go on muscle memory and auto pilot. It should be a fun day for old pharts, as long as we remember to drink lots of water and not shoot anyone.

Big Jake #1001 Life

Archived