SASS Wire Forum

98k I bought instead

Trigger Mike

Went to a different store during lunch and they had a DOU 44. intact markings(unlike the ones I already have), the numbers match on the receiver, rear sight, rear sight leaf, rear sight base, both places on the magazine plate, though the screws do not have eagles, and the bolt release lever. the bolt has different numbers but the bolt, safety and top of the bolt all match. The lower band with the sling swivel is missing and the upper hand guard is missing and the stock and butt plate is probably a turkish mauser type. the upper band/bayonet lug is a different number but the cleaning rod is present. 266 after taxes. Was that a bad deal? Where is a good source for a stock and lower band/sling swivel?

I thought I might set the turkih stock aside and let it be a toy gun for one of the boys. I also thought that if I can not find a stock etc that I would take the one off my RC 98k, and put a repro on it since it does not have the intact swastikas and no matching numbers. I am hoping for a better idea though.

Good deal! Stocks are available. I see em occasionally on GusAmerica and other sites.

J&G Sales had some last year but I think they're out now.

I was just perusing a Shotgun News while eating dinner and saw that R Guns (rguns.net) is advertising K98 stock sets (stock, upper, barrel bands) for $110. I don't know if this is a good price or not, but if its the only game in town... Might want to check with Sarco also; they have everything.

I was just perusing a Shotgun News while eating dinner and saw that R Guns (rguns.net) is advertising K98 stock sets (stock, upper, barrel bands) for $110. I don't know if this is a good price or not, but if its the only game in town... Might want to check with Sarco also; they have everything.

thanks. I will go see. I was bidding on one on ebay and lost by 6 as I got busy and missed the final minute.

thanks. I will go see. I was bidding on one on ebay and lost by 6 as I got busy and missed the final minute.

I was going to suggest ebay when you first posted this, but their prices are usually crazy for K98 parts. I noticed this 4-5 years ago when surplus K98's were selling for $200. You could part them out on ebay and triple your money. I could never bring myself to do it though. I like restoring them, not destroying them.

Archived