SASS Wire Forum

"Gun Stories" premeires tonight!

Grizzly Dave

Our very own Wolf Bane has a new show, "Gun Stories" premiering on the outdoor channel.

It is hosted by actor and gun enthusiast Joe Mantegna (“Criminal Minds,” “The Godfather: Part III”)

I know Bane and his crew have been working hard on this new show, along with his other continuing shows, I'm really looking forward to seeing it.

Gun Stories blurb on downrange.tv

Grizz

I liked it!!! :wub:

Joe is a good Gun-Guy!!

Very well done show!!!

And the 1911...what can you say...100 years and "if it ain't broke, don't try to fix it"!!!

BUT!! the Outdoor channel giveth and taketh away...were the heck is COWBOYS :angry:

BH

BUT!! the Outdoor channel giveth and taketh away...were the heck is COWBOYS :angry:

BH

Don't take this as gospel, it's what I heard. It wasn't the Outdoor channel that pulled Cowboys, it was Midway that pulled the sponsorship. I also heard that it's only temporary and they're gonna try to bring it back next year.

I also heard that Elvis is alive and living in Area 51 with Marylyn Monroe but, that's a different story.

Thanks, guys! This one was a bear to get out, and I'm pretty proud of it. I'm going to shoot HOW, then seriously start on the new 1-hour Shooting Gallery for 2012. I want to shoot a cannon from a sailing ship. I'll wear one of those 3-cornered hats...eat your heart out, Cap'n Baylor!

I have been informed that Cowboys is "dead dead" and not coming back. When people tell me things like that, I recall the centerpiece quote from Terminator 2:

"The future's not set. There is no fate but what we make for ourselves."

Wolf Bane

SASS13557

Got the DVR reset just a minute ago. Had to reset Best Defense Survival too. Doggone computerish machines...

DM

Sorry about "Cowboys." Watching a SASS event on TV really got me started shooting. I loved "Cowboys." There has to be a way to stream the "Cowboys" content on the intertubes.

Well I guess ta get Cowboys back on ya need ta have half the show with all the cowboys sitting around the campfire.

Conniving and backstabbing the other cowboys.

Picking sides and plotting against one or two guys, all the while trying to tell everyone how honorable they are!!

You could have whiner week, weasel week and wimp week.

Millions of people would watch it!!!!!!

You could even sneak in some shooting and good stuff about guns!!!!!!

You could call it Top Cowboy

BH :wacko:

Just got done watching Gun Stories...

Now I'll tell ya first, I am a nit picker, I'm a computer programmer by trade and notice detail, flow, sequence and continuity things right off. I have found that I am also very opinionated about what I like.

I am not however a historian of any sort.

I found very very little in the way of nits to pick.

I thoroughly enjoyed the show and am looking forward to see what's coming in the weeks ahead.

Bravo Wolf Bane and company!

Grizz

Guess I won't be watching "Wednesday night at the range" on the outdoor channel anymore. Without "cowboys" there's not enough to spark my interest. Too bad, I really enjoyed cowboys.:angry:

Guess I won't be watching "Wednesday night at the range" on the outdoor channel anymore. Without "cowboys" there's not enough to spark my interest. Too bad, I really enjoyed cowboys.:angry:

Shooting USA did film at the recent EOT. They were filming persons shooting pocket pistols when I encountered them. You may want to view that show when they air EOT 2011.

Just finished watching the late showing. I truly enjoyed it! It set a high bar for future episodes.

I just finished watching "Gun Stories", I really enjoyed it. Of course the topic being "1911" helped a whole lot.

I responded to a thread on another forum about favorite guns. They were all talking about modern guns of course. I listed my '92, my 1911, and my Colt Woodsman.

Seems my favorite guns have John Moses Browning's fingerprints all over them.

I'd like to have a little time in that room :wub: ! Did anybody notice the grip (handle) on the 1873 revolver looked different? Still would like some time in that room.:wub:

Comcast does not seem to like the Outdoor Channel, its not offered here! Wish the older productions would be aired on their web site, the episode teasers always look interesting.

COMCAST here in my part of California offers the Outdoor Channel. I watched it. Good show. I have an upgraded package and I think that the Outdoor Channel is part of that package.

Seems my favorite guns have John Moses Browning's fingerprints all over them.

That makes two of us.... At least.

I did enjoy the 1911 Gun Stories. Also Imposible Shots isn't too bad either. Too many commercials though, I'm really disappointed in the Outdoor Channel and Weds at the Range.........waaaaay too many commercials! I timed about 17 minutes of real content the rest was Midway and other same old same old thanks for your business and that's the way it is bullcrap! How many times is Potterfield gonna install a butt pad and tell you why you should reload??? I have a hard time staying awake! ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ :blink: Rye

I did enjoy the 1911 Gun Stories. Also Imposible Shots isn't too bad either. Too many commercials though, I'm really disappointed in the Outdoor Channel and Weds at the Range.........waaaaay too many commercials! I timed about 17 minutes of real content the rest was Midway and other same old same old thanks for your business and that's the way it is bullcrap! How many times is Potterfield gonna install a butt pad and tell you why you should reload??? I have a hard time staying awake! ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ :blink: Rye

Howdy, Rye -

I understand your frustration/disappointment, but somebody has to pay the bills. I imagine Wolf Bane could provide us some insight on what it costs to produce a half hour show, but I'm pretty sure it ain't cheap!

It's the sponsors (advertisers) that make the Wednesday night line-up possible on the Outdoor Channel, and - personally - I'm just happy there are folks out there who are willing to step up to the plate and put their money where their mouth is.

That said, I do wish there was a way to bring back Cowboys!.

Just my 2¢...

Regards, TJH

I wasn't too impressed with Gun Stories last night. It was too choppy. Too many talking heads and not enough new material. That said I liked the host and production values. It was good to see Evil Roy on TV. I liked last nights Shooting Gallery much better. They had a long (for TV) interview with Holy Terror. She was great.

Can you say DVR and fast forward?

All things considered this was a good first show.

Pretty much the best gun to start with.

There was however a small historical inaccuracy.

It was stated that JMB designed all the Winchester lever rifles after the 1873.

Did somebody forget the 1876?

I don't believe that JMB was at Winchester at that time nor that he had a hand in the design of the 1876.

Hacker, I seem to remember reading somewhere that the '76 was conceived first but the '73 got the nod for production first??? I will have to call the local Comcast and ask why it isnt offered here since I do have the enhanced digital package. Never watch most of the stuff but it does look like their big come-on of many hundreds of channels are mostly just repeats of the basic first hundred!

Archived