SASS Wire Forum

Looking for a 44 special Cimarron

Trying to find a 1873 in 44 special---know they are hard to find but maybe someone out there has one that they are willing to part with. Have an old flattop or two for possible trade or cash if required. Closer to Arkansas the better, as I would like to examine the gun if possible. Octagon barrel is preferred .

If you're talking about an 1873 rifle, I've got one and love it. Don't believe I'll part with it....However, Joe Briscoe had one a couple of weeks ago at the Kansas State shoot. He may still have it.

cowboyshooterssupply.com 580-873-2663 I believe this is still his current number.

Good luck!

Thanks for the replies concerning the 1873---- Titus, I shoot with Brisco at least once a month---have been trying to get that particular gun from him but havent accomplished it yet----Strongbox

Taylor and Company has them listed.Same as a Cimarron except for the name stamped on the barrel.If you have a shooting buddy with an FFL he might order you one for less that MSRP which is $1255.

Never mind....looked at 44-40 not 44 special.Sorry.Cimarron does show them in both a 20 and 24 inch barrel.Both would have the octagon barrel.

Archived