SASS Wire Forum

Grandsons first EOT

Ol Short Tom

Ol Short Tom and I are very proud of our Buckaroo Spud. He is 10yrs old and his first EOT and his second full summer of shooting. He came in fifth in his class. He likes to shoot first and has the routine down better than Grandma. :blush: Can't tell you how we feel about this young man, he's the best. Another young Buckaroo, Winchester Reed was on our posse. Winchester is a good little shooter and very polite young man. He and Spud became good friends and they worked together painting targets and helping in other areas when they could. These young Buckaroos will look forward to shooting with each other for many years to come. The SASS shooting sport is all about friendships and sportsmanship. I often stress sportsmanship its #1.

Two Sons and Ol Short (proud Grandparents)

:rolleyes::):DB);):P

cheyenne

What a lucky kid to have such neat and talented grandparents. I always enjoy shooting with you guys and Spud as well. I just hate it when he beats me on a stage and he walks over to the UL table and asks how I did.....lol.

He's a good kid and I hope he stays interested in the sport.

KK

I got to shoot with Spud during the warmup matches. What a GREAT young man. We planted plenty of .22 seeds in that nasty ol' New Mexico dirt. Maybe when we get back we will have some shade trees.

Tom it was a pleasure to shoot with your family. I will get the info on the bags for you.

Judge

sorry I posted under the boss's alias.

Dups - I mean Spud :wub: - is an awesome young man and an up and coming shooter within our sport! I not only like to shoot with him - but to just sit and chat. He is very proud of his grandparents and has loved learning how to shoot from them. Our sport needs young individuals such as Spud and the parents/grandparents to show them how to do it the right way!

See Ya Down the Road Spud!

TL B)

Spud, your gonna have to tell me about this cutting the wrong string Split Rail mentioned! All 3 of you are the cream of CAS! No family I would rather shoot with than you guys. Spud, we will miss you at OVV, you have a good trip though and I will see you at Indiana State. As always, right proud to call you friend. Twizzlers!

What a nice and polite young man! Of course, the fruit doesn't fall far from the tree...

Sadly, it won't be long until he's just another rank point I have to eat....

;-)

FJT

I had the pleasure of meeting this fine young man. I sure wish the country had more young folks like this. There is more than the future of the sport at stake these days. The future of the country is at stake.

Thanks to my good friends Ol Short Tom and Two Sons for their time and effort in bringing their grandson into this sport.

-tex fiddler

Guest Coyote Calhoun, SASS #201

Tom it was good to see you and Two Sons and meed your grandson. Hope he can become a regular at EOT.

I hope to meet and shoot with Spuds someday....about 10 -11 years ago, my first big match....I had the pleasure of shooting with Ol Short Tom and Two Sons...What fine folks and great shooters. I hope we get to connect again....With grandfolks like these, this young man will have all the tools to be a champion.

Congrats to the whole family.

Johnny

Guest Evil Roy

I think the current crop of new kid shooters will set new standards for everyone. There are some very talented kids coming up. I'm sure Ol Shot Tom and Two Sons will be coaching a new contender along. They could not have better role models or better shooters to learn from.

Archived