SASS Wire Forum

Georgia's Kids

Last year the Atlanta area cowboy shooters contributed money to a fund that helped to send some of our young shooters to EOT. It is an expensive trip and not many of our kids were getting to go. At EOT in 2010, our three sponsored kids won three buckles, one of them the world championship for Buckaroos. This year we helped send four wonderful young Atlanta representatives to EOT and we brought home four happy kids. Olin Winchester repeated his world championship performance in Buckaroo. His little brother, Joe Cartwheel was 8th in class. I was lucky enough to shoot with both the new world champion Young Gun girl - Slick's Sharp Shooter and the second place Young Gun girl - SASS E. Miss. I have shot with both of them since they were just starting out so it didn't surprise me, but other shooters were impressed with how these girls supported each other. They were encouraging and helpful to each other all the way through the match, even after it became clear that they were going to finish one - two for the buckle. What a kick to watch two 14 year old girls discuss where and how to place a rifle and what shooting sequence would polish off the pistol targets most efficiently and then turn right around and talk about that "too cute" banquet dress. I am so proud of these kids - all four of them are world class...We are sending them back next year... Watch out

Witch Doctor

Where to start? I'd like to thank some great people for investing in my sons and this sport. Witch Doctor, Pig Iron Lane, Dirt Merchant, Potshot Parker, Dancing Deulist, Shifty Eye, Big John Denny, Ruff Edge, Bluff, Uncertain Tex and a huge number of Doc Hollidays Immortals and Mule Camp Cowboys have made it possible for us to participate in EOT in 2010 and 2011. I don't say "Thank You" as often as I should, but know that you all mean a lot to our family. I chose SASS because of the people involved, and you all are proof that I chose well.

Thanks for letting folks know how these young people did at EOT Witch Doctor!! Congrats to all of em. We were introduced to them at the Georgia State match and got a chance to talk to a couple of em for a few moments at the banquet.It's nice to know things turned out well for them! Y'all should be rightfully proud.

Colt

GREAT PARENTS and two pretty good Ol' GRANPAS!!!

Way to go GEORGIA SLICK and WILL E. SHOOT!!! You guys done good with them young Ladies!!!!! Oh yeah, I can't forget 3 DOLLAR ROSE!!! Way to go Grandma!!!!

GREAT PARENTS and two pretty good Ol' GRANPAS!!!

Way to go GEORGIA SLICK and WILL E. SHOOT!!! You guys done good with them young Ladies!!!!! Oh yeah, I can't forget 3 DOLLAR ROSE!!! Way to go Grandma!!!!

Slick and Will E ain't gonna shut up bragging for at least a year! :P

Congratulations to our Georgia Kids !! We're all proud of them and their accomplishments.... and thanks to folks like Witch Doctor, Pig Iron Lane, Shifty Eye and Dirt Merchant for the Penny Denny Young Guns Fund in Georgia. It's obviously been a success !!

'Nooga

Congrats to all the young guns as well as there Grampas and Dads who worked so hard to get them there. It was a pleasure to shoot with Slick and Sassy and all of Possee 4. Hope we can all get together next year.

McKenzie

Where to start? I'd like to thank some great people for investing in my sons and this sport. Witch Doctor, Pig Iron Lane, Dirt Merchant, Potshot Parker, Dancing Deulist, Shifty Eye, Big John Denny, Ruff Edge, Bluff, Uncertain Tex and a huge number of Doc Hollidays Immortals and Mule Camp Cowboys have made it possible for us to participate in EOT in 2010 and 2011. I don't say "Thank You" as often as I should, but know that you all mean a lot to our family. I chose SASS because of the people involved, and you all are proof that I chose well.

You are welcome Hal... I shoot with the girls more often, but I love your boys just as much. Olin and Joe have quite a fan club in Georgia. I simply couldn't be prouder of all four of these young shooters and I am grateful that I was able to play a small role in their success. Witch Doctor

Witch Doctor couldn't have said it better. Great young women, terrific competitors and wonderful representatives of the values CAS represents. Like the others, it has been my genuine privilege to shoot with these two and their accomplishments come as no surprise given their dedication to the sport. You certainly have not seen the last of them on the world championship stage.

Cassalong Hopidy

Well, you forgot about the biggest KID on the block that also came in 5th FCGF.........Judge em All Duncan.

No doubt, he is still a kid at heart.

Those shooters from GA represented your friends, clubs and state proudly. Congratulations to you all.

..........Widder

Archived