SASS Wire Forum

Weird Weather

Subdeacon Joe

Some really odd things going on. Forecast for tomorrow and Wednesday is for rain and maybe thunder storms. And snow above 8000 feet. Doesn't Mother Nature know that this is the end of June and that kind of stuff isn't supposed to happen in California?

Some really odd things going on. Forecast for tomorrow and Wednesday is for rain and maybe thunder storms. And snow above 8000 feet. Doesn't Mother Nature know that this is the end of June and that kind of stuff isn't supposed to happen in California?

At 8000 ft. I suspect anything can happen! Blame El Nino or La Nina or whatever!:lol:

It is all that smog in California that is causing GLOBAL WARMING.

Hey, we gotta blame something.

Somehow we missed the warming thingy here in the PNW. :unsure:

Looks to be beautimus today, though. :rolleyes:

They're still skiing at Arapahoe Basin in Denver!

Rain started here about 4 a.m. Or that was when it woke me up. Looking at the storm track on both KCRA and the Weather Channel sites you might not get a lot of it, Miss Allie.

And they said "IT NEVER RAINS IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA." Oh, yeah, you ain't in Southern California.

Rain started here about 4 a.m. Or that was when it woke me up. Looking at the storm track on both KCRA and the Weather Channel sites you might not get a lot of it, Miss Allie.

Rain would be interesting. I saw some back in October. Can't recall if it was last year or the year before. :lol:

Joe did they clean that lake up any, use to be pretty discussing

On going cleaning of the weeds. But Clearlake is so shallow that it warms quickly, so every year that surface scum comes back. And that can cause die offs of fish. Plus the contamination from the Sulfur Bank Mercury mine.

Some of the stats on the lake:

Clear Lake is 19 mi (31 km) by 8 mi (13 km) at its widest point, with surface area of 43,785 acres (17,719 ha) and a 1,155,000 acre·ft (1,425,000 dam³) capacity. Average depth is 27 ft (8.2 m), maximum is 60 ft (18 m), lake elevation is 1,329 ft (405 m), average water temp is 40 °F (4 °C) in winter and 76 °F (24 °C) in summer.

It was 101 yesterday evening about 5 or so. the day before it was 107. Very little rain the last month or so. Grass is about all gone and what there is is mostly dead. Gonna have to start feedin' hay very soon. That is never a good thing in July. A break in the heat would be nice. It was 92 last night at 2230.

The draught in Texas is as bad as I have ever seen it. In the Austin area, the month of june temps high averaged right at 100, last few days highs have been 99. humidity is back and heat stress levels are running 103 to 105. The lakes are half full and from what I can tell all the natural springs I know in area are dryeven after a rain last week. I have not been able to get into the water table listings and the aquifer flows that are current, but I suspect they are not only way down, they may be rapidly drying up. A rancher I know has been tracking his tanks evaporation rate for last few eeks and averages 1/2 in a day. He is going to cover his two small tanks with tarps to cut evap. I wonder how that will work out. Seems to be the new thing... dry.

Just remember that whether you are inundated with rain or totally without, covered with snow or your glacier is melting, Al Gore predicted it.

Archived